Saturday, November 10, 2018

11/11/18 Texas Sneaks Out With A Win?

    I wasn't going to watch this game, but I got lucky.  I was up at 9:00am and figured I would just get up and go nap before noon, as Wife would sleep until then.  Well, before I know it, it was 11:00am and Wife came down from the bedroom saying I had woke her and she never fell back to sleep.  I was going to complain about her not calling me up if she was just hanging out in bed, but eh, I was doing my own thing down here.  She started breakfast which was very nice.  She found some Spam with chorizo which she wanted to try, and I love Spam and I like chorizo, so why not?  Breakfast turned out great, Spam with some potato and eggs mixed together and then made into tacos was perfect.
    I wanted to nap before, but Javalina was making a spectacle out of a spider near the trash cans and that forced me to get off the sofa and go deal with the terrible monster.  It turned out to be a harmless Charlotte's Web type of spider, but we killed it, just in case.  After looking at Google, we determined it was in fact, harmless, but it was too late.  Wife then turned on the cable box and we saw a couple of our weekly recorded shows.  Javalina fell in love with American Housewife because of the hot older daughter with the slutty blonde hair and dark eyebrows, which I agree, she looks yummy.  After a couple shows, I fell asleep, but Wife couldn't complain because so did she.
    We woke up around 5:00pm and I told her if we are going to leave the house, we need to go shower now. Eventually, we left, close to 8:00pm  We planned on watching Bohemian Rhapsody at our newest favorite place, EVO, I like their seats for $8.50 vs. $13.50 at Alamo now that Boy is no longer giving us the discount seats.  I managed to watch the first half of the game before Wife tore me away from the TV and the Horns seemed to be in control, but not exactly putting Tech away.  We arrived at the EVO complex and they have a dining area which we went to and had a pizza there before the movie started.
    Javalina complained why the Horns didn't go for 2 pt. conversions after TD scores.  I told him it was much safer to do the PAT than to go for the 2 points.  I told him with about 10 minutes left, it is safer to get the extra point and keep it at 34-17.  Tech needs to score two TDs and a field goal just to tie, conservatively, it is the safe bet.  Before we finished discussing this, Tech managed to score a field goal.  I said see, if they had attempted to score 2 points and didn't, an onsides kick and they get the ball back, and then they only need one more score to steal the game.  It's not going to happen because Texas will run down the clock because they will still get one or two more possessions.  Enter the onsides kick as I went to the bathroom.  I come out two minutes later and Tech is about to score again, WTF!!!
    Our movie started at 10:15 and it was 10:05, I had to go from the restaurant to the movies, so I got to see Tech tie it and then we left with about two minutes left.  The movie was really good, but it was great to come out, look online and find the Horns were able to come up with one more score.  Why are they constantly giving up big leads to get us all wound up.  Wife and Javalina kept telling me not to scream at the TV because I wasn't home, but come on, what kind of shit.  They had a 17 point lead and it disappeared in a matter of minutes.  Oh well, they snuck away with the win.

No comments:

Post a Comment