Saturday, November 3, 2018

11/3/18 Busted Window?

    I don't know if it was a Halloween prank gone awry, just something that happened from us slamming the rear door, or if someone wanted to waste my money, but I woke up Thursday afternoon to a busted rear window on my Excursion.  This is the second time this has happened and for a brief second I thought I would be forgiven the cost due to a lifetime warranty, but of course, when the company is responsible for keeping track of the warranty paperwork, it does not exist.  There is no way I am going to keep paperwork longer than a couple weeks. I could have turned the house upset down looking for the certificate but I wasn't even 100% sure Safelite did the work the first time, so I quickly moved past that part in the conversation.  I then asked how much is the work, including the glass and installation.  She started counting off items, $319 for the glass, clean up $9.99, new wiper blade, my choice $11.99 for standard, $18.99 for a superior type.
    I figured that was fair for such a large piece of glass and taking care of installing it while I poked my nose.  I was given a choice of them coming to me wherever my vehicle is parked but not until next Tuesday or I could go to their office location which they could see me on Friday at 1:00pm.  Since the window had shattered into thousands of tiny pieces and just driving to pick up my son, I doubled the hole in the glass as every jolt loosened more pieces, I chose to take it in on Friday to get it fixed as soon as possible.  The lady was nice enough, saying I could drop it off the day before, but the office closed at 5:00pm and we were talking at 4:55pm, which there is no way I could get there, or have a ride back home.  I asked her about dropping it off in the morning, which would be great, so my son could get me back home before heading to work and I could sleep in the meantime, I did work Thursday night making up time at work for the last two games I had the privilege to enjoy Javalina on the field.
    I dropped off the Excursion, and the technician was all gun-ho saying he was going to get on it next and it would be ready in an hour, I told him great but I probably won't have a ride and I need to go home and sleep.  He said he wouldn't text me since I was going to be asleep, but it would be ready by two, for sure.  I thanked him and my ride arrived just as I handed him the keys.  Boy was not available as he had to go to campus or maybe he had plans with his GF, so I called a friend and we had breakfast and since they didn't have anything better to do, we went and looked at some boats I've been curious about.
    There is this one place that sells flats boats here in town and I think I really would prefer one of these to a pontoon boat and the place did not disappoint.  They had plenty of boats to look at, and some of these flats boats which basically have no sides, so it's like fishing on a layer of pallets, but the middle console is elevated and on these, one can even climb up on it to get a better top down view of the water.  I really think I want one of these with a small enough length to fit in my garage so I can keep it close and not get shit from the neighborhood association.
    By the time I was done fantasizing on the different boats, they sent me a text that the Excursion was ready.  I went to pick it up and used that as a stopping point.  I got myself in bed and ended my morning adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment