Wednesday, November 21, 2018

11/21/18 Finally Had A Restful Day?

    Don't get me wrong, Mother, I enjoyed having my family here, but Tuesday was the first day we simply slept late, and did not get up until way after noontime.  I usually fret and wake up early to write a new blog for the day in the morning, but I did what I am doing now, writing in the middle of the night.  I woke up last night and wrote from 1:30am to about 4:00am, while watching some House Hunters and crap on TV.  This made sure and cleared my morning up from me having to be productive, so I was able to just relax and sleep, and I did.  It was quite easy with the room being as cold as it was.  Wife likes to leave a window open when it is cold, and since we are upstairs, there is no reason to worry about burglars, the windows downstairs are all alarmed.
    I couldn't handle it when I finally went to bed, I decided to close the window to try and hold whatever warmth we were putting into the room.  In the middle of the night I wake up every 1.5-2 hours, specially if I am drinking soda or tea.  The longer I stay in bed, the longer that span lengthens, until I can stay about 3-4 hours in bed at a time.  I don't know, but I do know that I felt pretty great when I finally got up at almost 2:00pm.  Wife called me that she was coming down to make breakfast, so I followed.  We ate some delicious tacos of eggs, bacon and beans, and within 10 minutes of watching whatever show, I was ready for an afternoon nap.  Wife said it was better to watch TV upstairs, so that I could get comfortable.  I did, she was trying to get us to watch  Superstore, I think, but I don't think I made it to the end.  I slept until about 5:00pm and woke only because it looked like it was already getting dark outside, so I jumped in the bathroom and showered.
    We thought of going to the Domain, or Bass Pro Shops, but it seemed too cold to walk around outside from shop to shop and just getting on Slaughter Lane, we realized how bad traffic was in town at 6:00pm.  I decided to head to Cabela's, telling Wife I kind of need a new jacket.  I have seen this one line that they carry, for fishermen or something, made out of Goretex material, but they are not very thick and starting out in the $300 range seems excessive.  I like that they go up to 6X, so I can find one that fits, usually.  We got there and found them, but I wasn't feeling them.  I like them in the loud colors, like yellow or fire engine red, black or dark blue just seems boring.
    We almost went to the movies, but the one we wanted to see was mostly sold out at that time frame, and I didn't want to head back, knowing I might be drowsy in a couple hours, since I was so alert at 7:00pm.  After Cabela's, we ate at Zaxby's which we really enjoy.  I had their cobb salad as I felt like I have been eating way too much cheese lately when I tried going to the potty, if you know what I mean.
    We were back home by 10:00pm, and once again Wife wanted to get back to her shows, as soon as she starts them, I am snoring, I don't know if she cursed me somehow, or I have just tired of so many recorded programs that we must keep up with, I don't like it.  I can't even show her stuff I find on Netflix because every waking moment is focused on catching up with shitty recorded stuff.
    At least this one wrote itself quickly.  I sat here at 1:00am, looked at few youtube videos, started writing, and I am done at 2:18am.  Yeaih me.

No comments:

Post a Comment