Sunday, November 18, 2018

11/18/18 Good Family Day on Saturday?

    After waiting patiently on Friday for people to show up all night on Friday, people got up slowly on Saturday and that is fine by me.  I was up early as usual, getting out of bed at 7:45am so I could write whatever for yesterday.  The plan was to write and then go back to bed and try to sleep a couple more hours, but things did not work out that way.  Within an hour my mom was up saying I was snoring, I guess I fell asleep while trying to write.  Sometimes I sit and the words just come out like hot diarrhea and sometimes I can't write one word in an hour, I don't understand that.  This is why I try to get up and write whenever I feel it.
    I guess my nephew's heard grandma because they were down a few seconds after, screaming and hollering as boys do, as I'm told.  They were followed by their parents and now around 9:00am, it seemed everyone was up.  Before long, we were discussing breakfast ideas.  I had bought bacon and extra eggs, trying to save a couple bucks, but people love being on vacation and just buying breakfast seems more "fun," even Wife seems to prefer this when she is here on the weekends.  We all coughed up some money and my brother in law and sister went and got some McDonald's and some tacos from Taco Cabana.  It was nice to see Taco Cabana has barbacoa again, they had told me they weren't making it anymore a couple months ago.  We all ate by 11:00am and now I was looking to hide and sleep but that was going to be hard.
    Wife started talking about work or something and since it seemed to go on and on, I decided to make a quiet run and see how long before they noticed I was missing.  I landed on the bed at 11:30am in warm-ups and fully dressed, thinking I was getting busted right away.  I managed to sleep until noon, got up took off the warm-ups and slept until 12:30pm.  I never felt fully woken, but Wife came in and made me jump in the shower as everyone was waiting for me.  I showered and we headed to the mall.  It was nice and we hadn't walked the full mall in a while, but we don't have disposable income right now, so we just enjoyed walking around looking, had a coffee and gave my sister and mom some time to look,    
    We all finally got together around 5:00pm and fell out of the mall.  We were just kind of headed to the Best Buy while my sister was headed out of town.  My mom asked my sister if they had eaten and after they said no, we decided on Longhorn Steakhouse because everyone always wants steak.  We ate a very delicious meal and got home right at 7:00pm. My dad was watching the longhorns going through a ceremony, which I believe was the end of the senior day festivities, but I wasn't sure.  The game started a couple minutes later and just as I hate to say, that is when I fell asleep, hard.
    I woke up a few times  on the sofa, nobody fighting me for it, or otherwise, and man, it was nice.  Every time I saw the Longhorn score, they were leading by a little bit more,  eventually I went upstairs to bed, but realized it wasn't even 11:00pm  I slept until 1:00am, got up and came down to write this.  It is now 4:33am, I think I will go back to bed, at least my blog for Sunday is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment