Friday, November 2, 2018

11/2/18 On Wednesday's Halloween?

    If we have a favorite holiday, it has to be Halloween, for both of us.  I like the scantily clad girls and costumes that show a little too much and Wife likes the fear factor and probably the idea of acting different for one night.  I decided to take the night off, we are closing in on the end of the year and I still have too many vacation hours, considering we are going to an unlimited Personal Time Off system here in the coming year (I think it is rather a stupid idea, but then again it benefits the company, so there you go).  Anyways, I usually take the night off either way, it is usually fun, even on a school night, we will sit outside and hand out candies.
    This Halloween was a little different in that most of the day, it was warm and soupy, you could cut the atmosphere with a knife it was so thick.  Right after we picked up Javalina from his last football practice/meeting, the weather finally turned and what were blue skies at 1:00 or 2:00pm, had all turned a dark grey.  From about 6:00pm to 7:30pm it rained almost hard enough to stop everybody.  But of course, there are some water can't stop.  Included in those, was our baby.  He wasn't even thinking of going out for candies, but Girlie's youngest brother called and asked if he was going to go trick or treating, I said he wasn't planning on it because he didn't have someone to go with, but if you come over, he'll go with you.  They went out around the block and got a good amount of candy, if not a thorough soaking.
    Aside from giving out candies, I also like to grill something simple, which usually means hotdogs and burgers, so we did that.  I also felt like some cheesey nachos with the Velveeta cheese melted in the slow cooker and breakfast sausage mixed in.  It is delicious.  Curiosity got the best of me and as I walked down the alcohol aisle, I saw some Four Loco drinks which I have heard mentioned from time to time.  I bought an Apple and a watermelon flavored but I could only take the one or two drinks, the Apple is horrid.  I want to like it, but I know most will go down the drain.  It is still sitting there on the table, looking at me with attitude, like a beefy linebacker, in its tall boy packaging and stout 23.5 ounces, blechhh!!
    It was nice to stay home for the night, I felt after screwing up a HOT job over the weekend and not being able to do anything about it, other than let others correct my fuck-up, being out a day gives me some distance from it.  I have to go in tomorrow night, where I normally would be off, to make up the time I have been watching my son at his games.  This will be the last one for this year, and I cannot believe that in the morning we are in November, so it is pretty much the season to be merry.  I heard on the 60's station that the Christmas dedicated channels fire up at midnight, Nov. 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment