Sunday, November 25, 2018

11/25/18 Running Out Of Vacation Days?

    I guess Saturday was as close to me having a day for me.  We slept pretty late, until noon.  I got up and attempted to write yesterday's blog but after having a slice of pecan pie, cake, and coconut crème pie.  I had a cup of coffee that I maybe took a sip from.  I woke around 2:00pm, Javalina was yelling at me to come upstairs and sleep on the bed.  I decided I might as well I hadn't written anything.  I quickly got under the covers and fell asleep.  Wife came out of the bathroom eventually, trying to fake me out that she was going to the store without me, I said go.  It was a thing she always does, as soon as I say cool, I'll be able to sleep a few more hours, she got comfortable and started trying to convince me to get up.
    I got up and we started the day at Zoe's Kitchen where I ordered the kabobs and veggies.  It was pretty good, the only reason we went there is Wife wanted to use her BOGO free coupon.  After we finished, Wife suggested she would drive us up to Bass Pro Shops since we missed it the night before.  Traffic was super thick and slow but we got up there right around 6:00pm.  Most of the boats were put away because Santa had set up his village in that area of the store, but there were still a handful of boats to look over.  We then had a good laugh as Wife thought (well thinks) that the surprise gift my niece gets should be a cute pink fishing pole along with some pink worms and even a pink tackle box.  Why not?  When you've been blessed with parents and family that have slowly bought you 90% of any and all paraphernalia you might find at the mall, I think this is clever and makes gift giving fun.  We spent another hour or so looking at guns and that sort of stuff, I held a Remington 870 Special Purpose Marine Magnum and it just felt right in my hands and the silvery finish had me falling in love with it immediately.  Turns out, the finish is a nickel alloy and is specially made for wet environments, such as carrying on a boat or hunting where rivers and streams are present.  This is a gun I could see adding to our collection in the near future.
    After deciding on some socks, we eventually left the store and Wife meandered to the Round Rock Outlet Mall and since it was only 8:00pm, I told Wife "sure, let's walk around, the night is about perfect."  This had Javalina doing another one of his routines where he starts saying no, for no other reason than being a whiny B.  I can't stand no for the sake of no, he eventually got off and he was fine walking around a little bit.  We bought some stuff and then we left, right around 10:00pm.
    We had decided that Zoe's Kitchen was dinner at 5:00pm, but on the way home Javalina was dying of hunger as he likes to say and was able to argue himself into a late night meal at Rosa's Tortilla Factory by the house.  It was good, I ordered the combination nachos, they both wanted tacos and got the same plate, I believe.  We had a good discussion with Javalina about being grateful for what he has and who he is.  Over the weekend, we got into this discussion with some family members who believe in some ignorant stuff.  I was trying to convince them that in life we must work hard to be independent because even if the family is doing well today, there is no guarantee for tomorrow.  They were not really interested in hearing me.  Javalina was then telling me he didn't like that we seem to work so hard and life is still not easy for us, with Mom so far away during the week and me having to work nights.  I told him that is just a temporary thing, the important thing is we are a strong team and for example, when I lost a huge chunk of my salary last year, Wife was able to step in and as a result, we didn't lose the house, or suffer any other way, other than me losing my truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment