Saturday, November 24, 2018

11/24/18 Last Regular Season UT Game and A Long Day to Get Back Home?

    I woke up early Friday, thinking we were going to get on the road super early.  My mom had mentioned maybe leaving with my sister to San Antonio as early as 11:00am because her hubby was planning on making a day of it and getting new tires on one of their cars.  My other brother called to ask if my mom wanted to ride with him, he would be leaving later, around 3:00pm, to follow behind the school busses or something.  Once I knew my folks were not in a rush, it was much more relaxed and I wondered if maybe I could watch half the UT game before we got going.  The game was to start at 11:00am, and by then I had eaten some leftover turkey, tamales, and even some egg and sausage tacos.  The only thing I could manage was waddle my big ass to the sofa to "watch" the Longhorns with my eyes closed and snoring softly.  I could not believe waking up at halftime as my dad was moving about to see the score still at 7-0.  The 3rd quarter started and eventually the Horns were up by 21-0, for a second I thought great, stood up to go to the bathroom, I come back, they have scored a TD, and intercepted the ball in the 4th.  That didn't lead nowhere, UT scored another field goal, then Kansas scored another TD, and did an onside kick which the UT frontline guy managed to volley out of bounds, then the referee decided it needed to be re-kicked.  This time it bounced around like it tends to in an onside kick and Kansas wound up with it.  They stalled out but managed a field goal.  It looked like Texas might be in for a surprise loss at the last minute with Kansas lined up for another onside kick and the referees warming up their yellow flags, but UT got a good bounce and Lil Jordan Humphrey caught the ball and took a knee.  The rest was academic as UT was able to take a knee with Kansas out of timeouts.
    Wife basically let me sit and watch the whole game, so I couldn't be a dick at her folk's house and rush her.  She drove us, but before we left there was some drama as my brother came over saying he might not go to the football game which my mom had been waiting for him to give her a ride.  My dad and my other brother had 0 interest in going to the game, so my mom didn't want to drive alone.  We offered to drive her to the game and my sister could give her a ride back.  She worried she wouldn't fit in Boy's Edge, but Boy and the GF tucked themselves in the trunk area, it must be nice to be tiny.  At the last minute my brother came out and told my mom he was going to go, so we said our goodbyes and took off.
    As Boy's GF said, I close my eyes and the car becomes a space capsule which moves me to my next destination as I sleep.  I awoke just as we entered San Antonio and stopped for gas.  We gassed up and got to my in law's house where I was served some turkey sandwiches and desserts.  I stayed up for awhile but soon felt that nappy feeling and I was out.  We left before 10:00pm, I hoped to make it to Bass Pro Shops as I am slowly obsessing over getting a new boat, but we were too slow.  Wife got mixed around and started asking which way to go to get back home.  I yelled a little bit because I was already yelling at Javalina.  I don't mind not making it in time, but there is absolutely no reason to stop and check something out, what does a kid have a reason to say no.  I was correcting his shitty behavior to not be a whiny bitch, then I got caught up as Wife panicked about what to do on the road and I yelled at her "well you are headed to El Paso, any smart person would turn their car in the opposite direction to head back into town, every road in America is designed with turn arounds every mile or so, you can see the lights coming up."  Yeah, that put me in the driver's seat, no more space capsule for Fat Boy.  The road was a little longer than normal, but I guess that's how you learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment