Monday, November 26, 2018

11/26/18 How Was The Week Off Overall?

    I have to say there were many positives and negatives for this particular week that just passed.  I loved that my folks came up and stayed longer than their usual show up Friday leave in a hurry Sunday early to avoid traffic or driving at night.  It actually felt like we got more of a chance to lounge around together, drinking coffee, watching TV, and just being a little more normal, other than running around showing Austin and its entertainment things to my folks.  It was fun to go to the movies on Sunday night, even if the movie was a bit of a question mark.  I keep telling them they are some busy ass retired folk, because as usual they did have to leave in a hurry to go celebrate a birthday with my aunt.  I would have preferred my aunt come along and then nobody would have been in a rush, maybe.
    Still, making lemonade out of them leaving early, we did enjoy sleeping in on Tuesday and Wednesday, almost until the afternoon, which I always appreciate as it feels normal for me to sleep all day.  I have said it here, I don't sleep all that great at night, I am kind of scared of the dark, but never mind that.  Of course, sleeping in like that is great, but then you lose most of the day if you aren't going to be up all night and that had to happen Wednesday night because we had to get up early on Thanksgiving for our travels.
    I can't say I enjoyed getting in the car and travelling most of the day, but it was nice to eat dinner with my in-laws and then sitting with my family later that evening.  I would have liked to have made it earlier to my folks, but how can you rush a long and delicious dinner on the other side?  I did not understand at night why my sister was so bothered by the new term "Friendsgiving", as she blamed it on the millennials and called it a product of the self entitled.  I say whatever term you use, if people get together for the purpose of sharing a meal and a little love, then why not?  I tried joking with her a couple nights later that Boy had gone off to have an impromptu Friendsgiving with some friends in San Marcos and she just managed to accuse me for being a sucker and paying for everything, when in reality I didn't even know Boy was doing this until we called him that evening as to what time he was getting home.  He can do his own thing, specially after spending Thanksgiving and the day after with us, he is 24 and not a child anymore.  My brother was also kind of a spazz, I think the responsibilities of managing a quince are getting to him.  He was being heavily passive aggressive and just saying "wear whatever" to the point we don't know if he was joking or angry.  When I called him Saturday night, it sounded through his text like he broke a vesicle in his brain when I asked him about either a black suit or a navy blue tuxedo.  I know this is stressful  but there is still plenty of time to do the shit right, he just needs to let us know what's up.
    It was nice to get back home and have a couple days to just hang out and not have a rush about things, although we are nervously looking at the washer, knowing it will have to be replaced sooner rather than later.  We have a quick four weeks to get through and then I do believe I will take the two weeks off for the weeks of Christmas and New Year's.  Wife and I still argue a bit here and there.  Our biggest disagreement came over the driving "directions" which I was a dick about, a lil bit in SA.  Overall, we have a good time, if she didn't have so much "homework" as it seems with so much recorded crap that she seems to need to see, but I guess that gives me the time to sleep like I like to do, nowadays, so it all works out pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment