Wednesday, November 14, 2018

11/14/18 Cold Is To The Bone?

    We are in the middle of our first really cold spell and I am glad we prepared like we did, so far.  Javalina does not like to wear pants and so, goes most of the school year in shorts.  This weekend we went to the mall, which we hadn't gone in a good two months and we can tell it is getting shitty.  It starts with the assholes walking their dogs with them.  I refuse to believe that Jose with the pitbull has him in the mall because Killer is a service dog, come on.  Take that dog to the park and terrorize the hippies.  Aside from a couple of dogs, the mall is prepared for the holidays.  Javalina managed to find some jeans, we kept him at Levi's since they are good quality at a fair price.  I was surprised that they still cost $39.99.  It was another nice weekend where Boy joined us, and we got him some thermal shirts to wear under his normal stuff.  We offered him some shirts or even a pant or two, but he said he didn't need any.
    On to the actual school days and although Javalina put on the pants and looked the part of student heading out into the cold monday morning, he is still very much a knucklehead.  He chose a hoodie, complaining that he is already wearing two other shirts and he is inside most of the day.  I let it slide as it wasn't super cold monday morning.  It was colder in the afternoon with the wind blowing much more aggressively and there is our shining star, without said hoodie, standing in the blowing wind and cold.  This genius insists on wearing his hoodies when it is 95 degrees outside, yet when he should be wearing it, he whines that it's too hot.  What do you do with that?
    I am taking care of me, I have been wearing warm ups and multiple shirts.  Wife says I should get a bigger jacket, but all I do is drive to my building and run in.  I am in a room that is the same temperature year round.  Boy always dresses warmly and in layers, I don't worry about him like the other rock head who is constantly trying to prove how tough he is.
    Wife has been around quite a bit, it almost feels like normal at times, yesterday I even heated up her car when I got home.  I am really hoping she can find a job up here next year, this is year three and although we totally support what she is doing, I don't think she is being appreciated enough in the small town, financially.  They may not be able to pay what I feel she deserves, but for us to continue this lifestyle, I would like to see more compensation, just my two cents, otherwise come back and remind me what home cooking tastes like.  This brown beaner needs some homemade tortillas por favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment