Saturday, November 3, 2018

11/4/18 Speaking of Neighborhood Association Being Fucking Useless?

    I might be a little riff raffy for the white genteel population that surrounds us and I don't do my best to keep the grass cut at all times, but I really expect that Boy and now Javalina, to handle the lawn mower once a week or every other week, but there is always a good excuse to stretch that out into a month or two before I realize it.
    That being said, I am paying for this house, part of the reason we are kind of broke all the time is because I insist on living in this nice house with perhaps more space than we need.  Even if some people don't like us here, we have every right to live here, even our boys stay inside most of the time, we don't bother anyone.  Over the last couple of years we are noticing a real downward slide of the tenants staying around us.  We had the guy who thought it was a great idea to threaten my neighbor.  My neighbor is a bit of a pain in the ass, but he was yelling at the new tenant across the street to clean up his yard of all the metal parts, or my neighbor suggesting he would go over and do it, meaning he would throw everything over the fence so it wouldn't be such an eyesore.  The new tenant yelled back that him coming on his yard would be a real good way of getting beat up.  Like I tell my kids, if words make you get physical, you are the animal in that confrontation.
    Now we have cars with loud mufflers and houses full of college students, and of course my Wife likes to point out that everyone that rents is on section 8 housing, which she might be doing it to make sure I turn hard republican, because bullshit do I enjoy working my ass off at night to be able to enjoy what I am buying only to have Joe Blow next door supported by our government and he barely works half the hours I work but gets to live in my Shangri-La.
    Wife says that there is a new initiative where they build low income housing next to well to do people to encourage the next generation of "welfare" kids to see how the people that get shit done do it.  The only way we do it is we shut the fuck up and get our asses to work every day.  I know plenty of low income people and any excuse is good enough to miss school, any reason is good enough to miss work, a little cough and the kids are staying home all week.  Even when my surgeon told me to stay in bed and don't even walk around so your leg can heal, I still wanted to get around on my own, and he had to scold me like a child to get me to miss a third week of work which I hated doing.
    Anyways, this is part of my new initiative wanting me to move further west.  I don't know that we can afford much more expensive than what we are paying but I certainly don't want to live where we have bums in our greenbelt behind us, skateboarding idiots running back and forth on our street, the thumping of bass down the street getting into our house, and the screaming of families fighting.  That is the fucking barrio, at least on the eastside we only paid $900 a month.  I expected it to be quieter and whiter for the privilege of paying almost $3000 a month.  I also understood that you got to live in the nice parts of town as a reward for working hard and sacrificing?  If we are going to be supported by the fucking local government, I wouldn't mind a waterfront house complete with a dock and a new boat.  How's about I pay $1000 a month, the city pays the rest?  Seems fair to me, so my kids can see more successful adults than their parents, I mean there's always someone to look up to.
    All the Neighborhood Association has done for us is take $530 a year for the last ten years and sent about two or three letters a year to cut our grass or take down our holiday decorations.  How are you doing in keeping the values of our houses when section 8 can get anyone living next door?  And people wonder why and how Trump has support.

No comments:

Post a Comment