Tuesday, November 27, 2018

11/27/18 Some Days Just Suck?

    If we are meant to have great days where the weather is a perfect 75 and your teams all win and you eat your favorite food, then we must also have days where everything sucks.  I kind of had the feeling last night was going to be a shitty night and boy did it not disappoint.  I expect coming in to plenty of work, that in itself doesn't make me change my demeanor.  What puts my panty in a bunch is when the tools act up and I have to do stuff I don't normally do.  Maybe I should be further along in my training, but I do spend about 90% of my time alone, some things are learned through seeing and doing a couple of times.
    I was supposed to be set up so I could come in running samples on the analysis tool, but the tool was not completely set up, the vials to catch the samples were not put in place, so the samples fell basically to the ground.  This is where it gets iffy.  I was told to pick it up and make a sample of the ground.  This can then get subtracted as background noise, which works in theory, but feels like you're just screwing around picking up wet spots from the tool surface and treating it as a sample.  Add to that the handful of jobs due the day I came back or the next day and what can one do except try to not get overwhelmed.  The shift ended and I did as much as I could, so I don't feel bad about my contribution.  I even noticed the tool not working right and protecting it in a very manual way, so gold star for me, not that anyone really gives a shit.
    Eh, part of the reason I feel so grr about work is because I picked up a little bug, probably from my nephews over the weekend.  One of the perks of coming out of your protective bubble and getting with family is being exposed to everybody's cooties.  All I gotta do is power through for another couple weeks and get to the Christmas break.  I am so looking forward to just hanging out and sleeping late, it was so relaxing this past week.

No comments:

Post a Comment