Tuesday, November 20, 2018

11/20/18 Long Weekend With Family?

    My folks left today after coming in on Friday night.  There was a short period it seems where we were doing more arguing than getting along, but lately it has been much better.  I do have to keep reminding my mom that what I say is sarcastic and she needs to ease up sometimes, but even then, she seems to be in better spirits lately.  Friday was a blur as my dad and brother arrived at a decent 7:00pm or so, but my mom was with my sister and her husband and kids following the Crystal City Javelinas playing a district game championship game which they won, for the first time since like the 1950s.
    They play again this Friday, in San Antonio, and I almost want to get into the spirit and go watch them play, I would feel like a hypocrite, as I have never really followed them before.  But anyways, Saturday we got up early, had tacos from Taco Cabana which my brother in law insisted on, I would've preferred home made food, but nobody is into cooking at home anymore.  We spent the rest of the time my sister was here at the mall, I am not sure what they bought, but my boys were liking some suits at Men's Wearhouse which seemed like they would be cheaper to get than some rented tuxedoes for $180, but I talked to my brother today and I don't think he has figured out what people are supposed to do.  My sister and her family had actually already excused themselves from us and they were getting going to leave out of town, when my mom suggested Longhorn Steakhouse, which of course sounded good to me.  I don't feel I had enjoyed a steak like that in quite a while.  I actually ordered the Delmonico steak which seemed like excess, except the taste was really something else.  We did eat like at 5:00pm, so it was only 7:00pm when my sister and family left for Crystal City.
    Sunday was much more relaxing, we hung out at the house, then we went to Best Buy for a bit since it is fixing to be Javalina's birthday on Thanksgiving Day.  He got a few video games for his birthday, and grandma gave him some bucks for his growing piggy bank.  We were at the movies promptly at 4:50pm for that showtime to see Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald.  We managed to eat a couple miles up by the big HEB in Kyle, at a place where we have eaten pizza once or twice.  My mom was not that impressed, but still it was nice and warm and we all left with fool bellies.
    It has been really great being off all these days to be with my people.  Just siting around in the morning drinking coffee and cookies and stuff feels very normal when other people are doing it with you.  Normally, Wife has nothing to do with my coffee cup, so I am drinking alone.  My dad really is like a kid, he seems to need to go out every half an hour or so to smoke a cigarette, even after they find one kind of cancer on him, in his prostate which the doctor has assured him is very treatable and it tends to behave afterwards.  My mom sits by him constantly not wanting to get after him, but also not knowing what else to do with her man-child who wants to be left to his own devices, but that includes going outside and sometimes without even a jacket to avoid the cold.  My mom gets especially nervous when he gets a cold because the smoking already kicks his lung's ass.  He sounds all sorts of wheezy and scary when he does get any kind of sick, but you can't tell a man what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment