Saturday, November 17, 2018

11/17/18 Waiting For People Coming In Waves?

    Friday was a little weird with my family coming, but everyone coming in at different times.  I wasn't really sure until Thursday they were coming and Wife had been taking down all our Halloween clutter and laying it on the bed in the guest room upstairs.  She then told me my sister and her hubby and kids were coming, so I would have to put everything away in that room.  I managed to do all that, put sheets on the bed, and vacuum most of the rooms upstairs.  This was all done by about 1:30pm, I took a nap until 3:30pm, then headed out to get Javalina who already had two boys with him who were going to spend the night.
    We stopped at Target to get supplies, including a bunch of soda for the boys, pizzas, cookies, and the stuff to make chili, since my dad would be arriving early and he rarely likes leaving the house unless he needs more cigarettes.  We got home around 5:00pm, I put the ground beef for the chili in the skillet, browned it and then put it in the slow cooker, along with a can of pinto beans, red kidney beans, diced tomatoes, and two packets of chili mix.  I then had to wait to make my cornbread since Boy's GF arrived before him and had bought the materials to make a German chocolate cake, which she has done before and they are delicious.
    My dad then arrived around 6:00pm with my brother and Chloe the dog.  By then, my chili was ready and the cornbread came out about 5 minutes later.  They ate and enjoyed it.  Wife was in town about 7:30, but didn't get home until 8:00pm as she was stuck in traffic.  She then ate my magical chili to warm up.  We then had to wait for my mom, sister and the rest of her family.  I sat and watched some football with dad until he decided he was going to bed around 9:00pm.  I went up with Wife and promptly fell asleep on the bed.  My mom called that the game had finished and that Crystal City had won.  They were on their way, but didn't get here until almost midnight.  In the meantime, we watched one of our many shows, I napped some more, Wife watched more of her shows, I woke and showered.
    Between then and now, Boy's GF had offered hot chocolate, I had said yes, but then since I was napping, I missed out on the first round.  I then asked where my hot chocolate was after I woke up, she said she had discarded it, as it doesn't keep, it is milk based.  I told her to wait until my folks get here, it's be nice to have a warm drink for them as they have been outside all night.  They arrived and the hot chocolate came out almost at that point, and they enjoyed some German chocolate cake with it.
    That was about as much as we had for the night.  I cleaned up the chili bowl, washed all the extra cups and bowls so nothing sticky would remain for the next day, and followed Wife upstairs once again.  And that was the first night with company in a long while.

No comments:

Post a Comment