Sunday, April 1, 2018

4/1/18 Fear Of Discomfort?

    I have been in love with the idea of a retreat or a vacation place belonging to me since I can remember but then I saw one of Wife's friends actually have a place a little out of town with the family name over the entrance and it made my fantasy a little more feasible.  I know I have mentioned this in a few blogs and I am only going into it again because I saw a 10 acre lot about 10 miles from my folk's home that is, first of  all, 10 acres and secondly backed up to what looks like good water, at least for a small skiff, paddleboats, kayaks, and other stuff like that.  I noticed a sizable dam near the road you cross over, so that dam will hold that water level, provided the water doesn't all evaporate away.
    The naysayers in my family help about as much as you would expect a pimple or a toothache to contribute.  Not only do they say Fuck no! you are an idiot, they then go on a rant about how I have always made bad decisions, I am trying to show off, I can barely afford my bills, and whatever other venom they think hurts.  Joke's on them because this was an extension of an olive branch that doesn't happen too often, but Stupid would rather cut his nose to spite his face, or whatever that saying is.
    Wife has always said she would prefer an actual beach cottage, I do love the idea of all those Galveston homes on stilts, although my preferred vacation place on the coast is Corpus Christi, it's where I was born and I joke tongue in cheek that I shall head back there to die.  Hurricanes are the main problem with committing to the coast I would hate to see my vacation house get washed away.  Committing to a location on the coast would also be pretty much a permanent excuse that my free time would be spent heading down I-37 and not I-35.
    To avoid the fear of hurricanes, I have thought a lot on one of the lakes or even rivers would be safer, some of the lakes have beautiful scenery.  The salt on the coast is also another thing to try and avoid not that it can be, but it will shorten the lifespan of vehicles and pretty much anything.
    I know at this point not to expect anything, but the small acreage if it were bought as a family would then belong to all of us and thus we would all have equal rights, but somehow my thoughts can only come across as selfish and self serving although I would be the farthest from it and the one to enjoy it the least.  As usual, my goals should be more on the order as they would suggest, buy your weekly rations of cheese and milk and be happy you have a roof over your shoulder.  I guess that will be the plan until Wife can come back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment