Wednesday, April 25, 2018

4/25/18 The I Know Everything Generation Sucks Even When They Are Helping?

    I pretty much throw everything up here, even some of my more private affairs, that being said, I am not sure how I feel about this whole exchange.  Yes, we are happy that Boy is finally dating again, I am just not happy about the whole thing overall.  We love the girl, she has been Boy's "best friend" since they were sophomores in high school, so she has been around a good 10+ years.  The problem comes in thinking about the big picture.  They had a disagreement a couple years ago when our son lied that he was done seeing his ex but he was still getting some on the side from her.  Best friend said she was done talking to him for lying to her, seemed excessive, and Boy did not take it well.  I worry that now that they are dating and it doesn't work a similar thing will happen and then where will our little robot Boy go?  It is their decision to change the status from friends to more than that.  All that doesn't bother me, other than I don't need to see the fallout from this failing.
    What does bother me is when Idiots play house.  It started last week "Dad, it got late on her, she is going to stay the night."  That never bothered me before, she had a boyfriend, Boy is not a horny pervert, but what stops them now?  I said fine, but she sleeps in the guest room, not with you.  Again, this weekend, she flew out of state, Boy picked her up at the airport.  Great, but the pick up time went from 11:00pm to 1:00am or some shit.  Boy texted he was going to stay at her folk's house because he was too tired to drive back home.  In the middle of the night, I do just want him to be safe, but this BS is not going to float, they need better time management and NOW!  So I decided to nip it in the bud and I caught both of them at the house today as I was coming to work.
    Here's the bugger, "as the kid that is getting the warning/talking to, you can't take over the conversation, nothing makes me want to kick you where the good lord split you more.  "See, I knew your folks were going to have a problem with us playing house, to my son." And the cherry on top, "and what else is bothering you?"  in a condescendingly friendly helpful way.  I was caught taken aback, all I could think is I was walking down the stairs facing up, she had come out of Boy's room, Boy had actually just walked in the front door.  I never felt more like I was in a weak position to argue, like in Star Wars where Obi Wan has the high ground and Anakin is below in the lava pit scene.
    I am still re-shaping my relationship here as well so I won't go into judgment so fast, but goddammit, we will be revisiting this interaction again and again until the attitude disappears.

No comments:

Post a Comment