Friday, April 27, 2018

4/27/18 Work's Ebb And Flow?

    Last week it seemed like we were on a rally, maybe we have gotten just enough customers to keep so busy we need a little OT to keep up.  Nope, this week reminds me that it just happens some weeks are busier than others, as this one barely triggered a pulse.  Last week, I spent most of the shifts running like I was working at Discount Tire (those guys hustle).  I was simultaneously  keeping the prep tool running, working in the acid hoods mixing this and that, and keeping at least one of the two if not both actual tools that produce our data running.
    This week, it looked like we lost customers, they never sent us some of the stuff we normally have to rally and prep while doing other stuff.  Last night,  basically just sat on my fat ass and ran one job, it was a big job, but still.  It is possible next week will be balls to the walls again, if we look at the pattern, seems like every other week we pick up a bit.  I am hoping for some OT, my trainer is going to be off most of next week, which is already the first week in May and the third week as well.  These are both short weeks for me, which means I am off Thursday and Friday.  She works those days, if I can come in it would help a lot towards the loss of my roomies recently.
    I have some tasks to do around the house, such as clean the pool before my neighbors rat us out as they like to do.  There is also the matter of the dead tree in front of the house which Wife has been busting my butt to take care of.  Maybe this is the weekend, I just hate doing stuff like this in the middle of a hot ass day.
    If anything, we should be starting the weekend early, Wife is supposed to go to Jourdanton for awhile then she is free to come up.  I told her it would be pretty fucking stupid to demand you to go back to campus on a Friday.  She just said yeah yeah, I'm heading to Austin after I finish in Jourdanton.  Cool.  I love the woman's energy, but for her own good, she doesn't know when to stop.  If there were ANY kind of meeting at the school, such as the flute section of the band meeting to discuss candy sales, she would still feel she was needed there for input and probably head that way, even if it meant she didn't get to Austin until 10:00 or 11:00pm.  I kid, I kid, but not really.  Anyways, here's to a great Texas weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment