Friday, April 20, 2018

4/20/18 Quiet Weekend?

    My folks were here last week, I don't know that we have anything planned for this weekend.  The weather says it is probably going to rain so I am thinking we will be stuck indoors, which sounds nice to me.  Last week was not restful with the track and field meet starting at 8:00am.  This weekend, I was supposed to have a long weekend off, but they called me for some OT, which really is rare, so I can't say no.  Lately, we have been getting more and more work in our department, so maybe it is just a matter of time before we break the floodgates and they let us work whenever to keep up.
    I don't understand the track and field meets.  Why do they schedule some for the week and others for the weekend?  How many parents are unemployed and sitting around the house waiting for their children to have activities to do?  I bet these types of parents don't even attend as much as I have.  It is much easier to attend on the weekend, just saying.
    I don't get a good feeling about my renters.  DD left to go try life with his girlfriend.  I hope it all goes well, but he was a nice chunk of rent money.  Now, my other renter is probably hanging by a thread.  She fell in love and I mean hard and now we barely see her.  I thought she was going to be around for a long while, I thought nothing of saying ok to her wanting a lizard, then a couple guinea pigs, then a couple birds, half a dozen fish, and a nice start to an Amazon jungle , judging by the plants all around the windows.  I am just waiting for all them pets to slowly start dying off from loneliness, but that is her problem.  But if she did find love, then of course I am happy for them.
    Wife has been in town, but has not been home the last two days.  She said she was not allowed to abandon the group, but maybe it's just her wanting to be lazy.  It is fine with us, when I am at work, I don't have much time to be sitting there at her pace.  Last night she took them around to Half Price Books and even Goodwill (grosser!), but I believe they enjoyed themselves.  They almost made it to the Domain which I have been wanting to go back and walk around, but it is so expensive out there.
    All I know right now is that I am looking forward to this weekend being cooler than normal, that summer heat is right around the corner, Wife is already in town, hopefully she gets released early and we see her by the time I get up to pick up Javalina.  Some grilled burgers or something would be nice.  It is my Mom's birthday on Sunday, maybe if they are up to meeting in San Antonio, we could do that and go eat at some nice big restaurant, let's see what the weekend has in store.  Peace out!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment