Friday, March 30, 2018

3/31/18 Long Day To Get To My Folk's Home?

    Friday was a long, testing but fun day to begin the Easter Holiday Weekend.  First of all, I worked last night, so I had to wait and finish my responsibilities before I could kick back and release a relaxing fart into my toilet.  My plan had been to sneak out an hour early but my honesty knows no bounds and even though I did not want to start a certain job, I thought there might be too much dead time at the end of my shift, so I went ahead and started a job for a new customer at 4:00am.  This took longer to prep than I anticipated and even though I finished running samples on our main tool right at 6:00am, I had to wait another 35 minutes for the other tool to finish.  At this point, I then need another ten minutes to put a proper bow on the job and call it fully prepped and ready for analysis, so I ended up staying probably 20-30 minutes longer than I planned, but I did owe them for going to my son's school activity the night before.
    Wife had said to wake her when I got home, she was hankering to go spend money early so I was surprised when I got home and she was already up and almost ready to go.  We went to HEB, she needed to make sure we got all the supplies a certain hopping friend of Santa would need to be able to deliver his basket full of treasures.  This was followed by a stop at a local pan dulceria, a local store that specializes on Mexican pastries for my folks.  We then went to Taco Cabana as the last time we had brisket and egg tacos, I really loved them.  We tried going around Academy but once I ate and the fact that it was almost 10:30am, I just had no more juice in my tank.  We went home so I could get some sleep.  I pooped and showered, laid down for maybe an hour and woke up worried I had not done the bills.
    I did the bills with Wife sitting there waking me up every few minutes, paying all the big necessary ones so nothing would be late, then finally got about three hours of sleep at once.  I guess when you are really tired you don't get up every hour or two to pee, because I managed to sleep the full three hours and I did not want to get up, but Wife said I better to cut my hair, or I risked being left behind and she would go eat with her family and come back to Austin and try again tomorrow to go down.  I cut my hair quickly and clumsily, if you were to see the first attempt, Wife corrected me here and there.
    We met up with our in-laws and celebrated their 49th wedding anniversary at a local restaurant which I really enjoyed.  The food was good, the restaurant was busy with activity, from ladies selling roses, to mariachis playing to photographers taking pictures everywhere.  We were done eating around 10:00 pm and luckily Wife is a solid driver.  I jumped in the car and hardly felt a thing as Wife drove Mr. Daisy home.  We got to my Mom's around 11:50pm, drank some coffee, and sat and talked for a bit before calling it a day.  Last thing I did was sit here and write this simple blog before falling asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment