Friday, April 6, 2018

4/6/18 First Track Meet For Javalina?

    I needed this afternoon, even with Wife coming in hot and bothered, this was one of the best afternoons I have had in probably a month or more.  Lately it has felt like all I do is work and sleep which sucks, but that is life right now.  Javalina had mentioned that he was going to join track and field and I thought that sounded nice, but then it started and the coach did not let him join right away.  The Knucklehead had a couple iffy grades at the midway point of his fifth six weeks or something and he wanted the grades in better order before letting him participate.  He lost out on two tournaments, and the funny thing is if you just look at his report cards, he has been on A/B Honor Roll since Christmas, but he does fluctuate a lot between reporting periods, so I understand why coach did what he did.
    The part that sucks is that now he is learning and trying to catch up.  Worse even is that the meets are right on top of each other.  I went over and saw him Tuesday and although he is trying to learn both discus and shotput, it does not happen fast.  The first step is to learn how to throw it from a standing position, then as he gets more comfortable, there is a spin involved to increase distance, but it becomes technical and he could fall over or get disqualified if he steps outside the throwing ring.
    Part of him being new is that he just got the list of meets.  He just told me yesterday that he had a meet today.  I was just "uhmmm, ok, I guess I'll be there, I am off, luckily."  I called and told Wife about the meet and she said she would try to make it.  She then called me back that the Superintendent had said no, because he was going to be gone and she was to be in charge.  Today, while I woke up, she called and said her boss was like go if you're going to go after school.  She was sure she would miss his event, but at least we could go celebrate afterwards and eat dinner together.  He repeatedly told us it started at 6:00pm, we got there at 6:10pm and still missed his shotput event.  I was a little pissed because events don't start right at the time.  I figured there would be at least a half hour but I guess the students were taken to the campus earlier and they were just standing around.  Anyways, Javalina told me repeatedly to get there at 6:00pm, I could have been there at 5:00pm, I was just waiting at the house.  Wife was pissed because I was "late", all I can do is say sorry.  He did tell me the day before he didn't like me looking at him while he was doing his stuff, that I made him nervous.
    Boy went with me and it was good, we goofed around on the whole thing.  Boy wanted to see some hardcore spills on the hurdles, I could not get over the fact this school, Gorzycki Middle School is just beautiful.  You cannot see or even fathom the back from the front.  It was one of the most beautiful weather days too, it was cool without any humidity.  I enjoyed just being outside breathing some fresh air, for once.

No comments:

Post a Comment