Friday, April 13, 2018

4/13/18 What Makes People Become Who They Are?

    I have been having doubts as of late, perhaps a little from feeling trapped in a job that seems to be going nowhere and perhaps from needing a change of atmosphere.  I know opportunity is key to deciding which direction to take.  I am glad we live in a big city, I see the opportunities Boy is getting which kind of blow my mind.  It's like all of a sudden he is a grown up and has even taken to talk to upper management about his options for the summer.  It appears they want to keep him and more importantly they want to invest training into him and make him more valuable for them.  I am not knocking anyone, but this is in stark contrast to what small town people see as options.  I hear my sister pushing my niece to go into teaching and go from there.  This does seem to have worked for my sister, who is now a principal and on her way for possibly more.
    Is that all there is though?  If you live in a small town, you look for a job with the school district.  My mom pushed and pushed thinking I might decide to go back and move back to Crystal.  I could never be a teacher, first off, I hate kids, I mean mine are cool but generally, kids suck.  And then if you are in high school you can't even enjoy the occasional hot one with the giant titties or possibly face jail time.  Forget that!
    Wife is locked in with the school systems, ironically, that is why her ass is back in Crystal City.  This is where she found an opportunity to take a step up and become a Director.  Our hopes is that she comes back to Austin with the title and the pay, although it is looking like it might have to wait until the post Trump era.  This hollow brained Secretary of Education does not seem to have any sympathy for the hard working teachers and administrators involved in creating the next generation of workers.
    Javalina, like Boy, only talks about being a scientist or an engineer, and luckily in a big city, those opportunities exist for those that take advantage.  I have very much like what I had become but circumstances may still make me change into something different.  Who knows what the future brings?

No comments:

Post a Comment