Monday, April 16, 2018

4/16/18 Re-boot?

    I am not sure why, but it felt like we finally did a re-boot on our hectic lives this weekend.  Wife had been riding me about not having the proper paperwork for the solar panels government credits.  I know she was waiting for that "A-Ha!" moment so she could do her little mom jig and explain how we need to be more responsible.  A couple months ago, after we finally got the solar panels installed and I talked with a couple people, they told me all you need to get your tax credits is going to be in those packets.  I looked through them but was not impressed to find much information there, but it still got that big monkey off my back.  
    Our taxes got done, we are paying back $240 or so, not too bad.  The tax credits for the solar cells are done and that looks like a ton of money, but again, it goes right back to the solar company.  From here though, things are looking light for us.  We started going to H&R Block because our taxes were getting complex.  If we just have our W-2s and the stuff for the house, we might just opt to do our own taxes online next year.  It sounds nice that our taxes were only $240, but we did also pay $499 to amend the 2016 taxes with the solar stuff and to do this year's stuff.
    My folks were also here and we managed to have a good time, nobody got out of hand arguing, they came in a little late Friday evening, we went to bed early-ish because we were going to get up around 6:00am.  I didn't know if I could do it, but I managed to sleep a couple hours and then wake up on my own.  I woke up Javalina before Wife was telling me to go do it.  I also got ready before Wife or my folks, so I had the fortunate luck to take him to school so he could ride with his classmates up to the tournament.  Even though we froze out there Saturday morning, it was cool to see our strong boy competing and placing 7th place amongst 30 kids from 10 area schools.
    This all happened so early that we did end up coming home and sleeping for a few hours, it all worked out perfectly.  Javalina got his grandma excited about going to see a movie and I suggested they go while we did our taxes, we had an appointment at 4:15pm.  I don't know where he got it from, but the boy likes scary suspenseful movies and I sure as heck don't.  He got lucky his grandma went with him, because I wasn't going to.
    After our tax ordeal, we still had time to go to Bath and Bodyworks for lotions for Wife, my Mom joined us, and we dropped off my brother at the bookstore, a normal thing.  We also managed a pit stop at the liquor store and we also went to the bookstore.  Finally, on Saturday evening, we went to the Indian restaurant we tried a couple weeks ago, but I don't think my mom or brother liked it as much as we did.  My mom said it was still a good experience to try something new, which was good enough for me.
    We were in bed early Saturday night, and Sunday morning was nice as my Mom went and ran some errands and came back with tacos for breakfast.  What more could one ask for?  We ended Sunday night with a BBQ of steaks and sausages, it was so freaking good I've been debating whether to eat some more right now or wait for the sun to come up.

No comments:

Post a Comment