Sunday, April 8, 2018

4/8/18 Who Broke The Weather And Ready Player One? (Movie)

    I'm not saying this can't be normal, I know of many times when we planned on going to Corpus Christi for Spring Break and we would be met with cold weather, but today's cold front was different.  First off, the predictions Wife told me yesterday put the weather today in the mid 50's, but when I looked at my phone, it was 42 degrees most of the day.  Early, when we got up, Wife suggested we go walk in the Domain which did sound like fun, but this cold never let me get out of my bedroom.
    I had come down around 11:00am, made a cup of coffee and putzed around on the internet, mostly looking at waterfront lots, which is my current obsession.  Wife came down eventually, and made breakfast.  It was all good until she started assigning jobs and I went upstairs to take a shower, but the bed tripped me and before I knew it, I had slept for an hour or more.  The house seemed to get colder, she had opened a window and man!, it just felt awesome laying in bed, half a foot sticking out of the blankets, Wife went up and her and Javalina were watching scary movies in there with me, except I was asleep.
    I told her the only plan I didn't want to miss was going to the movies, but that wasn't until 10:10pm.  We saw Ready Player One and it was pretty good if you are looking for a lot of action.  The story was a little weak, but it worked.  It is a little into the future and everyone has agreed that it is better to live in a virtual world than a real world.  The ghettos and slums are filled with people connected all the time and enjoying their fake lives rather than live in a world where their problems are real.  So the designer of the greatest VR game dies and he has challenged one and all that whoever can win three keys will become the new owner and collect his trillions.
    Cue the good guy Parzival and his little gang and the bad guys company IOI.  Before long the misfits are taking the lead and the leader of the big company assigns a killer to take Pazival out, he is just not very good at his job.  There is a lot of bouncing between reality and the virtual reality world and that is cool.
    I especially liked the library created by Halladay which showed his reaction times and cues to help understand nuances of the game,  I don't want to give up anything about the game/movie other than we did enjoy it.  The popcorn was ok too and I kept it cheap by just having a Dr. Pepper with my popcorn.
    Anyways, we were home by 1:00am, it was all in good clean fun.  We did get Jack In The Box for dinner though.

No comments:

Post a Comment