Saturday, April 21, 2018

4/21/18 A Little Shuffling Going On?

    Love is a mother F*-er.  Two months ago I was sitting like a hog in heaven, two roommates, scraping an extra $1000, I had done the math and we would be done paying our credit cards by the end of the year, including most of the bill for my leg injury.  Wife had wanted to join her folks on a long road trip in July and considering the extra cash, I didn't have a good enough reason to counter so the trip seemed inevitable.  Now I am not so sure.
    Fast forward a couple months and DD moved out to start life with his girlfriend of barely a year and today the other roomie said the same thing.  She has only been dating the dude for less than a month or so and yet, his mother has invited her to move in.  Personally, I think she is rushing into this relationship, but she is not my kid, so I can't physically stop this any way.  I am glad for her and DD, if things work out, they are both good people who deserve to be happy.  Just knowing they are both rushing in, I offered them the chance to come back, as long as I have a room for them, that no one else has beat them, I do offer a great price.
    So what happens now?  Well, the girl is paying for one more month, so I will not plan on messing with her room for another while.  Once her time runs out, I guess that will be another room to fill, maybe make it a workout room as I was planning.  I always wanted to close the door and make it a room accessible only through our room, some sort of sex closet.  Since that would gross most people out, then I would maybe keep a safe in there, for the guns we have and whatever else, but it would suck to get a 1000 pound safe upstairs.
    So how else to make some extra cash?  I did work OT last night (Thursday) and work does seem to be picking up, so if that is a thing then I will most certainly jump on that, but there hasn't been much OT in the last couple years and I do realize this week we had our tool down a couple days for a PM.  We talked to Boy about having to help out more during the summer.  He was really excited that the place he did an internship is extending the amount of hours to full time for the summer, starting in Mid May as soon as he finishes his Exams.  As I did, I told him my folks made me pay for my vehicle during the summer and now, you will pay for your SUV for three months.  I wouldn't like doing this, but we have seen the Boy with extra money and he just buys junk on top of junk for himself through Amazon.  Plus, he has never really acted like he cares about his vehicle.  Maybe putting a little of his money into it makes him feel more connected to it.
    Ultimately, I guess our house should be just for us, I haven't been bothered by the myriad of houseguests we have had over the years, though.  Everyone brings a flavor of their own and I feel there is something to learn from everyone's way of being.

No comments:

Post a Comment