Sunday, April 29, 2018

4/29/18 Caking and Aging?

    It seems like every week is another person's birthday.  This week it was my mother-in-law's birthday.  We were invited to go have dinner on Saturday afternoon, and after being promised I could sleep all afternoon, I agreed.  Basically, we had turkey and all the usual Thanksgiving trimmings.  I kind of made it a long day as I have been exploring my bodies scheduled sleeping patterns.  I keep insisting I enjoy being up in the morning and sleeping during the middle of the day and then I am fine in the evening.
    As it turned out, Boy stayed behind to work at Alamo Drafthouse, and even though he was out late with his new gal, he came home around 1:00am, he asked if we would be his back-up alarm and come check on him to make sure he got up at 5:30am.  We went to bed around 1:00am, I tossed and turned restlessly until I decided the best way to sleep was to wake up Wife for a little loving.  I felt much sleepier two minutes later, I kid, but soon after, we both fell asleep, although I did put my alarm to wake up Boy, at 5:20am.  Once I woke him though, I wasn't really sleepy, I had read some stuff about the new Ford Bronco that it would only come out as a 4 door so of course I got online to look for that.  The laptop I keep by my bed decided this was the perfect time to expire its anti-virus, so then I spent half an hour redoing that to keep it current.
    At 7:00am, I finally got up and went down for a cup of coffee and some pan dulce.  I wanted to look at our bills once again, we have to be more careful now that we've lost both roomies.  Anyways, I was up until 10:30am, and then went back to bed as Wife said we were going to leave by 3:00pm.  I again, got up at noon, then decided to get ahead of Wife, I started shaving my head, she had told me to get a haircut, my head was looking sloppy.  We went back and forth, she finally starts filling me in on her week while we get ready.
    Usually, I have been falling asleep as soon as we get on the road, but I stayed awake the whole way.  Wife even decided to stop at McDonald's and get a "Spurs box" with two small burgers, a 20 pc box of nuggets and two fries.  We shared all this between the three of us, finishing before we got to San Antonio traffic.
    It is very nice nowadays going to my in-laws.  They know I like to nap, so I say hello, listen to Wife start retelling some stories and eventually I head on over to lay down.  They woke me when dinner was ready around 6:30pm, and I was about ready for more sleep after turkey, ham, cheesecake and cake.
    Wife finally woke me around 11:00pm, and we headed back home.  This time, I did sleep the whole way, not sure why I am so lazy, but here I have been since 3:00am and it is now 5:30am writing this daily albatross of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment