Tuesday, April 17, 2018

4/17/18 I Love A Short Week?

    My shift goes from 3 days to 4 days and repeat.  I do a twelve hour shift, which I have done for the full 21+ years I have been here.  It used to feel like I was stealing time somehow, getting Mondays and Tuesdays off back when I was on D shift.  I wouldn't want to go back to that, but I do miss having days off when everyone was running around.  Now, luckily, my days off line up with my family time.  I do like that, but I don't have that one day to myself.  That is when I would maybe cut the grass, run some errands, go hang out at Home Depot or whatever thing I cared to do.  I don't know I kind of liked that.
    There is not much difference, but I really hate the long weeks when I work 48 hours versus this week which seems like a cake walk.  I already have a day knocked out, two more and it is the weekend again.  Add to that, tonight there is another track and field tournament and the week sort of sounds fun.  It is fun because Javalina is doing good enough that he is proud of himself and getting mad because he thinks he should be doing better.  I love seeing a boy with a fire lit under his ass.  Today will be a smaller meet, but that is good, it will allow a better chance for him to place higher.  Plus Wife is in town and Boy should get out in time so we can all go and support the little hambone.
    I love being out there in this spring time weather when it's cool one minute and warm the next.  I don't know whether to turn on the heater or the A/C some days.  If I don't end up working this week on Thursday, I am going to start cleaning the pool, I know my busybody neighbor is fixing to report me as they have done the last two summers,  We really gotta use it this year, I hate that it just sits idle there with its green water, looking like a pond.  But yeah, I am looking forward to some hot tubbing this year.  my leg is healed and now I've waited almost a year extra, I should be fine to be in there for shorter periods of time.
    I don't know if our "friends" will come back again, but we did have some great times in the water a few years ago.  Anyways, I must get going to pick up Javalina and take him to school.  Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment