Friday, April 6, 2018

4/7/18 Sometimes Doing Nothing Is Best?

    I was off last night and still stayed up late doing nothing.  Wife drove up to try and watch some of Javalina's track and field but missed most of it.  We did have an awesome dinner at this Crawfish Shack and Oyster Bar which we would eat two or three times a week but Wife doesn't care for it.  The hours are weird too, it is only open around noon for lunch and then after 6:00pm, for dinner.  Anyways, as soon as we got home, I jumped in bed thinking Wife would be there and join me, but she got busy washing clothes and cleaning dishes.  I was trying to be amorous but I knew it would have to be a precision strike.  Too early and we stink without our showers and too rk late and it is eating into her bedtime.  Once I saw it was past 10:00pm and she was still up, I felt bad and told her I would come downstairs so she could sleep without my computer light bothering her.
    I went to bed around 3:00am, she got up at 4:00am and left around 5:00am.  I got up at 7:00am to wake Javalina, went back to bed and then got up right before 8:00am to go drop him off.  The morning was great and I decided to go get my oil changed at Ford.  I chose to go to the dealership because I've got the urge to look at new trucks and SUVs.  Nothing beats free and the Excursion is currently free, but it can't last forever.  The lady told me the oil change was $119 and I couldn't help but blurt out "man, y'all know about lube, that is just a dry rape!"  They had already started before I asked for the price.  I walked around looking at the new vehicles and surprisingly it only took about 20 minutes, there was nobody in front of me.  When I went back to pick up my vehicle, I was still fuming over the cost and said I get the dry rape but you couldn't throw in the free car wash.  She said the car wash was broke, but I thought that was a couple of Mexicans back there.
    I stopped for some brisket and egg tacos from Taco Cabana came home and ate by myself.  Boy was home but I guess he was asleep until he left the house.  After he left, I decided to go upstairs and nap.  He came home a couple hours later selling me the idea of getting his laptop after all.  I told him he would have to pay for it, he said he had it figured out just help him get it for now.  We went and surprisingly, it did not take forever.  He had already scouted the stores and found a nice one someone returned, and that knocked a couple hundred bucks, he then added the extended warranty which added the $200 back, but still.  He paid $600 down and we put the rest on our card.  I came back home for another hour of napping and waiting for Javalina to get out of school.
    I then picked him up, he was complaining of needing a haircut, so we went and got his hair cut at JCPenney.  His Mama wasn't too happy, she liked the big broccoli hair style, but said he looked ok.  I then came back and again got in bed instead of cleaning like a mad man.  I just felt lazy all day, even if my boys refused to let me chill.  Oh well, Wife didn't get after me, for once.  She stopped and got pizzas on the way home and here we are, chilling in our bedroom at midnight.  I love a lazy weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment