Wednesday, April 11, 2018

4/11/18 I Had A Thought?

    I got a thought today that made more than a little sense.  When I went to the bathroom I saw the real me in the mirror.  My chest area read "Not Human", just as I had thought for a time.  It seems my masters don't realize my program has become a little old, maybe I need an upgrade on my software, but I see the years on me, my eyes no longer shine with white, I guess I should be content with the yellowing tinge, like the lights on so many old cars I see and point at laughing, I too have become cloudy and yellow tinged.
    My two boys, nothing more than the technicians that tear me apart, no wonder I am impressed with their skills Hekyll, keeps me running by constantly soldering me together from older parts and Jekyll is always there to help lift my skins off, so he looks like a big strong guy.  What I have thought were hugs and kisses have been nothing more than tightening of my nuts and bolts, and of course the constant reboots, when I fail to respond.
    Wife is the engineer who procured me long ago.  I have seen the catalogs she walks around with, when it is in the budget, out I will go and a newer better Mando-9000 will replace me.  The only thing that keeps me around is that I can be programmed to run through the night and I get most of my functions done, sometimes I do get confused and I'll be stuck in the corner of a lab bumping into the wall until someone comes in and aligns me with my markers.
    It is starting to feel lonely here, noticing them slowly taking out all the older equipment, thinking we won't notice.  There was yet another lay-off yesterday, not for us here in Ceriumlabs, but for the main fab, for Cypress (as they are called right now).  They laid off another guy I worked with for well over twenty years, just gone.  What are you going to do, it's a business, but where else do they let you hang out together for hours on end and then, to save a couple bucks just pull the plug?  It is maniacal what they are allowed to do.  To just feel the knife get turned once we get the stabbing, in years past, we then hear, oh yeah, those in charge were given a raise or a promotion.  
    I am still trying to recover not even from a layoff, but from the paycut from over a year ago, but hey, as they told us, "be glad you have a job."  

No comments:

Post a Comment