Friday, April 13, 2018

4/14/18 Getting Stopped By The Cops?

    I can honestly say it has been since about 1992 that I was pulled over for any traffic violations.  The last time was on I-35 coming back from visiting Wife (then Girlfriend) and the family right outside of San Antonio, around Selma/Schertz.  They were widening the highway from two to three lanes and I was coming back late and alone.  When the trooper stopped me, I was actually kind of glad as I had become drowsy and really needed to stop and refocus.  I remember doing a driving school course and sending in the necessary paperwork and that was that.
    Fast forward about twenty six years and the same thing happened this morning.  I was driving Javalina to school but the light at 1st and Slaughter Lane was not working so I very cleverly avoided the whole are and came down through Southpark Meadows and turned where the Chase and Bill Miller are located.  I thought for a split second of whether I should continue going and passing by the old elementary or tough it out and go down the alternate road to get back to 1st street as quickly as possible.  Between where I was and 1st Street is a police sub station and right as I was passing by a cop SUV was fixing to turn my way.  I figured I was cool as there were 1-2 other cars between me and the radar man.  While on 1st Street, I was driving on the inside lane and I needed to move to the outer lane to turn where Alex's school is at.  About 5 seconds later, the cop flashed his lights and I knew he wanted me all along.
    There were two officers working together and the one that came up to the window was as nice as he could be.  He asked for license and registration, Javalina was nervous and a little scared.  Once we provided the necessary paperwork, it went pretty normal.  First of all, it was my fault.  Even Wife and My Mom are acting like wew told you to take care of that.  Well it lasted since Noveber 2017.  This means I was running rebellious for five months.  I promised the officers I would head straight to Ford, so I did, right after I dropped off Javalina at school, with a few minutes to spare.
    It took about 40 minutes, way less than an hour, and after this I had to run home to get the form they send in the mail.  I now had everything, so I headed to the county place over by McKinney Falls State park, which luckily only had about two people in front of me.  I absolutely hate the way the two procedures have become one.  I hate that the one relies on the other and they have to be done at the same time.
    But, oh well, it is done for another year.  Lately, it feels like I am so busy that this is the only way I take care of shit, is by being forced to do it, otherwise I am going to put it aside for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment