Sunday, April 22, 2018

4/22/18 Happy Birthday Mom?

    Happy birthday Mom, sorry we can't be there.  I did make a German chocolate cake in your honor, and I have to say, it was pretty good.  We haven't gone to the store and I wanted something sweet, so we have about four boxes of cake.  One was German chocolate with the frosting, and the other three boxes have no frosting, two being bland yellow and the other being a white cake mix.  Whenever I have made one box, it seems awful skinny on the 9x13 Pyrex glass cake pan.  By using two boxes, the cake fattened up to a more true thickness, but the flavor profile did change to almost weird.
     All week long, I was looking forward to Saturday to lay around and be lazy.  We knew it was supposed to be a rainy Saturday, so what can you do?  But then Saturday rolls around and I wanted to get up and start the morning with a cup of coffee a little breakfast and then a nap.  But no.  Wife wanted to join me to Jiffy Lube, which fine, but that automatically involves little Hammer Time.  Surprisingly, I go to wake Javalina at around 9:30am and he is already up.  He mentions he had a little diarrhea and he was just using the bathroom downstairs.  We all headed to Jiffy Lube and of course, there were about three cars in each of the two bays in front of us, so we knew it would be awhile.  Before we stopped for the oil change, we went and deposited in the mail our tax credit for installing the solar panels.  It sounds like a lot of money and I just wish it would be something was done by the installer where we didn't have to handle that money because I just have all sorts of ideas as to keeping the money and paying it back later.  Wife spent the rest of the day doing tax exemption this and that which I don't understand, but it kept her busy.
    It took more or less an hour to finish at Jiffy Lube, we opted for the synthetic blend which costs almost twice as much but lasts 6,000 miles vs 3,000 miles.  It just seems like we are spending a lot of time at the Jiffy Lube, this will make it less often we take it in.  We stopped at Rosa's Taco Factory and got some tortillas for our breakfast and came home.
    Wife started refrying some refried beans with sausage chunks and that was great with the eggs in there at the last minute.  I made tacos for us since Wife set up camp on the laptop and refused to give it up.  We all ate and just as I wanted to slither away to my naptime, but first our roomie showed up and we chit chatted, then Girlie showed up, she keeps getting mail delivered here, she stopped by to pick it up.  I did manage to sleep most of the day away then DD showed up to get some of his stuff from his room.  It is nice to say everyone is doing alright, I didn't manage much more than saying hi to him and talking for a bit before I fell asleep in his room as he was taking stuff out.
    Wife then made some quickie dinner, I ate a burger and some hotdogs, and tried my best to stay up, but once I have to wait while up she goes off to wash dishes, it is anyone's guess whether I'll be up.  I did work an extra day of OT, so I deserve to be lazy, if I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment