Monday, April 2, 2018

4/2/18 Easter Sunday?

    Easter Sunday came and went and now we are back in our warm beds.  As is usually the case, weekends go by too fast.  It seems like we were just trying to load the car Friday and suddenly, we are back at square one.  After getting up way too early Saturday to drink coffee with Dad and Mom, I decided to stay in bed and sleep in a little.  I got up at 10:30am only to be yelled at by my brother within 5 minutes of getting up.  He came in hot and mad that the cars are not aligned in "party formation".  I asked my Mom what he was talking about and she looks at nnnlike I come from another world.  "You don't know that we move all the cars out from the carport area and out to almost the street?"  I don't understand why this has to be asked in a condescending way, but ok, move the cars, here are the keys to our car.
    We had talked about starting outside at noon, but because King Dumb came in yelling and pissing all over the place, we were outside by 11am.  He, on the other hand, wore himself out or something because even though all the men folk came out, he did not come out for another two hours.  This part is actually always enjoyable, the men are outside apart from their wives and they actually talk a little shit.
    Since we had to leave early, we had said by three, the grills were turned on and meat was on there very soon after.  I joked with Dad if he didn't want to put some meat on the grill before he threw the match in to start it.  Several seconds later, my brother in law had about the same joke, my dad does not like to wait for fire to calm down.  If it is on, it should be burning something.  The variety was quite good, we had ribs, chicken, 2-3 kinds of sausage, fajitas, chicken fajitas, potato salad, macaroni salad, rice, beans, ooh and tripas.
    The weather this time of year is about as good as it can get, we started in the upper 70's around 11:00am, but as soon as the clouds broke, I am sure we were almost or in the 90's y the time we left at 4:45pm.  I had to lay down inside for a good half hour just to cool down before we left.  A shower before our three-four hour road trip really hit the spot.
    We left, the boys and I slept pretty much the whole way.  I am so glad Wife does not complain about this, she just acts like our hero and delivers her fragile cargo with ease.  We stopped for gas, Javalina just wanted to get home, he was so whiny.  We kept going without incident and got home around 9:00pm,

No comments:

Post a Comment