Friday, March 23, 2018

3/23/18 Paying The Price?

    I mentioned last week making stone soup out of nothing.  Spring Break was enjoyable after it looking like it might suck without any extra money to go too far.  We visited with my folks and my in-laws and ran around trying a couple new places to eat, overall we had quite a bit of local fun.  Meanwhile, my dad had been real sick and Javalina has kind of been snotty all last week and he eventually missed school on Monday, just feeling weighed down by coughing and not resting enough.  I will admit I was terrific as if I was on the football field stiff arming my little nose tackle every time he came in for a hug.  "No, I don't want to get sick, you know I love you, go hug your mom."  Kind of joking, kind of not.  This just put off the inevitable.
    I got lucky this week with a little Over Time on Sunday night, followed by working four nights, so it has actually been much longer than usual that I don't go back home to sleep in.  I used to think people that napped were just weaker humans as I never napped, never got sleepy during the day, even after 10 years on nights, it took a lot for me to wave the flag that I was tired, but I guess age and working nights finally caught up with me.  Lately, I can't wait for my days off, so I can nap the day away.  Anyways, I knew it would probably get me and I think it did.  I started getting a runny nose about Monday night and Tuesday and Wednesday I didn't sleep very well, waking up with a bit of a headache and so much congestion.
    I've been telling myself allergies all winter long, but this is different, today I had some muscle soreness and just had to rip myself off the bed to go pick up my teenage responsibility.  Luckily, we had food at the house, I cooked a pork butt in the slow cooker, so we didn't have to run around after I got him, we just enjoyed some taquitos on corn tortillas.
    I could have laid down and slept all afternoon, but I forced myself to the shower and out the door.  DD was sitting outside on the back of his truck playing his guitar, showing his coworker he knows how to play.  I had to joke if he was singing sweet nothings to his fellow friend there in my best country accent as the two are sitting there trying to out country each other.  I forget to notice how beautiful some days are.  I spend all my days sleeping, running around eating after school and running to work to go hide in sealed off rooms.  This is one of the main reasons I want a boat, to spend time outside, I know I used to enjoy that.
    Maybe the knowledge that after tonight, I get the weekend off and my check will have some extra money from the OT is making me feel better, but the chills never completely got here.  I have like a sore neck but that is common sitting in front of these computers all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment