Tuesday, March 27, 2018

3/27/18 Getting Sick, Slowly?

    I was sure I was going to get it and here I am, sick.  I guess.  At what time do you declare yourself sick?  Can I keep telling myself it is just allergies and keep fighting?  The biggest issue I have right now is around my  eyes.  I feel like they are bloodshot, Sunday night, I didn't even fight Wife that much, I went to bed with her around 11:00pm and slept as much as I could, minus all the coughing and sneezing.  I then had to get up at 8:00am, take Javalina to school and I came right back to bed.  I slept all day with a big scoop of Nyquil.
    I woke up, picked up the boy and fed him, but I was pretty useless during the day.  I showered and could not believe I was already running late to work, somehow.  I got to work and leaned against the wall, trying to die for a good hour.  I noticed a package we got from a customer that said "Explosive" if mixed with solvents and that kind of got my attention.  That allowed me to wake up a little clearer.
  We haven't had samples like that before, and I don't think they pay me enough to mess with them.  I have pretty much stayed away from that side of the room, for now.
    Going back to the big question though, am I sick?  I've had a runny nose for awhile, my eyes are killing me and periods where I am coughing and hacking like crazy, but that is not ongoing.  I feel like I could have a bit of a fever, but I am not burning up.  This is a long week for me, I work four nights, so I have to be a little tougher.  It doesn't help that we are supposed to go to Crystal City this weekend, so there will be plenty of road trip.  I am excited knowing we finally have a bed of our own to use, no wondering where I am going to sleep.  I think Wife and I fit on a Queen bed.
    What do we do about Easter?  I explained to the boy about Santa and Easter Bunny and all that stuff just to make sure he wasn't the last sucker in class.  Do we still give them an easter basket with toys and stuff, like we 've been doing or do I get to save me some money now that the truth is out there?  I guess I can let Wife make that decision.  She said she was off on Friday, so she is driving up Thursday night, so she can drive me down Friday or Saturday, depending on what other activities her folks can come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment