Sunday, March 25, 2018

3/25/18 Daddy The Tool?

    This blog exists because Boy is lazy and I went to fix his nail in his tire.  Anyways, I thought it would be a good idea if I got up super early and took care of something that can't be ignored for too long.  I know it should be Boy's responsibility and it should be on him to take care of this, but since he is gone until tomorrow evening, he won't have time during the weekend to fix it.  Because he is so busy during the week with classes, work and the internship, I decided I would pitch in, even though I know he should have done it early on Friday.
    I usually go to the Discount Tire on I-35 and William Cannon, but Wife was all excited that she read I-35 was going to be closed all over the place, due to construction projects, so instead I went to the Discount Tire over on Slaughter Lane and Manchaca.  By the time I got there, I had to stand behind at least five other people and I probably got there before 9:00am.  A good 5 other cars were also started so it would be awhile.  Luckily, they had some free coffee and it was rather good.  I finished my first cup by the time I talked to the guy, but we went and looked at the car and it was the first time in a while that I paid any attention to the tread on the tires.  The rear driver side was in horrible shape, but the other two were almost in that dangerous zone too.  We had replaced one tire about 6 months ago, so we needed three more to get all new rubber all the way around.
    The guy was actually cool, he offered the Goodyear tires as a set of 3 for $500.  $500 is my max credit for their card, but the Goodyear he was offering has 2 stars.  I told him I would do it if he made it the Pirelli tires 3 for $500.  The first tire I got last time was $200 by itself, so I was asking for a savings of over $100.  He checked this and that and said I had been a good customer, so he said "yeah, we can do that."  I know Wife also is getting close to needing new tires, but it's not like Boy's tires were going to get better by themselves.  Now I just need to pay off this $500 and then I can work on the next set for Wife.
    The hard part now was that the guy said it would take 2-3 hours before they could install them, which I said no problem, I'll call my wife and she can come pick me up, probably have some breakfast.  I called and texted Wife about ten times, she never heard her phone, same with Javalina and even DD.  I texted Girlie who happened to be running errands in the area and she swung by and picked me up and dropped me off at the house.  we slept and did our husband and wife thing until Javalina came storming in that he was hungry.  We went and had lunch about 3:00pm at Chili's and it was actually very good although the three of us ended up with diarrhea.
    We picked up Boy's car and now it looked weird to me with the new tires but super dirty body.  We napped until 7:00pm and took Boy's SUV to get some cheap pizza, but we stopped and washed it first at the local car wash.  I then dried it at home more carefully because even in the dark, I could see I missed a bunch of spots.  I'll give it another Passover in the morning and clean the rims then, that car would look awesome if he kept it clean, but he is such a lazy turd.
    Oh well, it gives me good piece of mind that he is running around on good new rubber.  He does run around on I-35 every day whether to school or to work downtown.  Once again, Happy Birthday, love you Mijo.  Maybe you get some art for Christmas, but tires is an excellent birthday gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment