Wednesday, March 14, 2018

3/15/18 Making The Proverbial Stone Soup Out Of This Shitty TIme Right Now?

    I keep wanting to be disappointed that we can't afford to go anywhere like in past years when we would go to Corpus Christi for the week or even to Flroida, even when we think it could be cheap if we only went to 1 or 2 of the big parks.  But in reality, we are doing what we can with what we got.  Today seemed to be a nothing day, our only goal was to get our Husky Javalina back from visiting his grandparents in San Antonio for a couple days.  It was nice to have him away from us for a couple nights, although since Mama is usually gone, I don't like it as much as in years past.
    Anyways, before we get to picking him up, I guess I can dedicate a couple sentences here for Wife's cousin, who showed up late last night at our house.  She had called Wife and asked if she could stay at our house, she was going to something at SXSW there in downtown Austin and didn't want the hassle of driving back to San Antonio maybe even a little buzzed.  She showed up sober as could be and the friend's she was meeting up with had a B&B they were staying at, all the way from Peru.  We see her about once a year, so it was nice to see her, and we stayed up talking with her until almost 5:00am.  It's weird that I remember this particular girl since kinder.  It seems she was always in my classes, so even though she is Wife's cousin, I feel like I have known her since I was little too.
    She was able to sleep in Javalina's room and bed, since he wasn't around, so that worked out easy, and she was gone early before we got up.  I vaguely remember Wife trying to get me up at noon, saying our son was already at the outlet mall in San Marcos and he needed us to hurry to get him, he didn't want to be involved with all the shopping his aunt was doing.  I got up eventually, and took a slow shower and we were on our way.
    We got there and joined them walking like slow feeding cows from one store to another.  The best part of the day is that it was finally a beautiful warm day.  The sun hitting us on our skin felt awesome without it being annoying and hot.  Right as we were about to leave, my sister in law went into a store and I saw a watch store next door, so I went over there.  It was the Movado store, but they also had Coach, Lacoste, and a couple other brands.  Javalina has been wanting a green watch and I found one in the Lacoste group.  It was by a sign saying $76, but luckily it was an even cheaper $56.  I couldn't say no, Javalina gave me a little crap, saying he wanted to wait for a Rolex.  I seemed to get the ball rolling, as my sister in law and nephew both got watches after I did.
    We finished the afternoon by going to Olive Garden, which I usually think is just meh, but Wife had $40 in gift certificates.

No comments:

Post a Comment