Monday, March 12, 2018

3/13/18 Spring Break Monday?

    It was nice of Javalina to take charge last night and write my blog.  He often says he wants to start one and maybe one day we will let him do it.  Today started a little iffy, I was unsure as to the direction of the day.  My mom had suggested it might be better for me to go down there to visit, but it would have been without Boy and Wife was saying she might drop me off but would come back as she wants to spend time in her house.  I was stuck between either my parents coming up, if my father wasn't deemed too sick by the doctor or going down there, and probably catching whatever they have going around.  I called my mom around noon and she said he was sick enough to need three different medicines, but that they would come up Wednesday, my mom seemed to understand Wife wanting to be home with her boys.
    The only thing different is that Javalina was going to visit his other grandparents after my folks left on Wednesday or we came back from Crystal City, but since my folks decided they would come up Wednesday, he figured he could still go hang out with his other cousins today and come back Wednesday.  We still took it easy all day and didn't leave to SA until like 4:30pm.  It should have been easy enough to get to a boat dealership in New Braunfels before 5:30pm, but of course, traffic at that hour tends to suck and we lost enough time that it was already 6:00pm by the time we got to the exit and we stopped but the workers were all pretty much leaving.  I walked around quickly and looked, I really want a boat, but I still can't pull the trigger, I need probably another year before I can do it, maybe even more time.  I still like to look, as I haven't decided what kind of boat to get.
    We got to my in-law's house, I ate a piece of birthday cake, pee'd, and pretty much turned around and headed back.  One of Wife's sisters was there waiting on Javalina, my in-lws had gone to buy a new stove, they were on their way but we managed to get out the door before we got caught up having to chit chat more with them.  We saw them coming down the street as we left and Wife gave them a toot on the horn.  We then swung by Bass Pro Shops to look at the boats there, which sells the same brands of boats as that other dealership we missed.  Wife and I hung there for about half an hour then we left.
    We got back to Austin, picked up Boy and had a late-ish dinner at IHOP.  Boy has us all interested in "art" now, there are all sorts of museums here apparently, and he is investing his money on prints.  He bought a couple of prints from the monster group a couple months ago, he got us a Mummy poster, then we bought a Batman one a couple days ago and we had about 7 prints from our times when we have gone to Disney.  The plan now is to fill the walls with all sorts of images from movies and things we love.  He says there is a show right now at one of the museums he goes to that is showing Dr. Seuss prints, so I think we have to go and buy something.  I tell you I love the big city.

No comments:

Post a Comment