Wednesday, March 28, 2018

3/28/18 Is The World Flat?

    My time is pretty precious to me during the week.  I have to get home pick up the boy, take him to school, come home and try to sleep at least six hours then get up in the afternoon and repeat the sequence.  Yesterday morning, I was stopped solidly in my tracks by a couple of goobers spouting that the earth is flat and then they have their reasons.  I know this is crazy speak, but I decided to listen to them to see where they go with  such a big idea.
    First off, they have to take everything we know and then have them throw it away as bogus.  Discredit our accomplishments of going to the moon, so all those pictures of the earth from space are just that, pictures.  And you know pictures can be photoshopped, so they can't be trusted.  I find it funny how these guys always have an agenda against our government.  The rovers going to Mars, "oh that is just an island over here."  My question to these guys is how come they all have crazy in their eyes when they try to explain their side?  What is in our own scientists to lie to us about what they find?
    What would it matter if the planet is a sphere or a flat disk, why does this matter?  Before I listened to one of these guys there was another slightly different arguing with some atheists about gravity.  One of the atheists happened to be studying to become an aerospace engineer and the simpleton wants to discuss how come this and that about gravity.  She was being calm and going out of her way to explain as much as she could, but nope, it doesn't seem logical to the guy so it must be a hoax.  Satellites cannot exist simply because anything that hits them in space is going to destroy them.  He refused to listen to the fact that there are teams dedicated to keeping track of the debris in our space environment.
    I feel sorry for these two kooks, but just because they couldn't pass a first year physics class does not mean that what happens outside your realm of understanding is a hoax.  The newspapers might have been set at a third grade level of reading to appeal to a bigger audience, but no where does it say that science has to do the same thing.  There were many things that I studied where I just shrugged and said good luck with that, I might not understand it, but it doesn't mean more capable and smarter people couldn't handle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment