Tuesday, March 6, 2018

3/6/18 Dreaming Of A New Truck?

    I absolutely know I cannot afford a new or even used vehicle right now, but that doesn't mean I can't go look at them.  Specially on a Sunday when no salesmen are around to push you into a bad decision.  We didn't have much going on today (sunday), so Wife wanted to go check out where Javalina was having his talk with his class and a representative from the Capitol.  After this, we headed over to locate the PAC, this is where his band is performing Tuesday afternoon by where the old Airport used to be.  It was an extremely beautiful day, we ate subs from Which 'Wich and even sat outside for a minute or two.  I told Wife if she wanted to hang out outside, we could go walk around Maxwell Ford for a bit.  She rolled her eyes at me but said fine.
    I am ok with driving the Excursion, but it is getting old.  We bought it in 2004, but it still only has 150,000 miles or so.  So, on the one hand, it is 14 years old, but it also has never had any real problems and I love that it is a giant.  Wife tells me I should be thinking of buying a Kia Soul like hers.  Uhh, I will agree that it is a cute car and it matches her perfectly, but she could be making twice my salary one day, bullshit she's going to choose my vehicle for me.  I will consider another F-250, maybe an Expedition, or even an Explorer.  I do like the Flex, but I would have to drive one before I agree to such a small vehicle.
    So we parked over by the used vehicles and they had plenty of used Explorers, some loaded with leather and sunroofs and even 4x4 for around $35000.  With only 20,000-30,000 miles, they are still practically brand new.  I really liked the idea of one of these as I am not sure if we will continue with the RV lifestyle currently.  Boy doesn't care anymore and Javalina has never been a fan of leaving the house, plus I really want to consider buying a condo/vacation place that is permanent.  Anyways, I had to glance at the tiny cars that they always have a couple of, this time it was a BMW Z4 but not a convertible, and a Nissan something or other 2-seater that because it was a 2008, it was on sale for $10,799.  I want a tiny convertible, but everyone makes fun of me cause I am a full sized cow.
    Next, was the trucks, ever since I bought the 2008 in 2010, I am a fan of buying used but almost new.  Loaded trucks with all the bells and whistles for a steep discount is something I can dig.  The best looking truck was an F-150 though, just beautiful and looked expensive, but it was a 2011 and was going for $26,000.  I would have been happy to have taken that truck.
    I couldn't help myself but go and look at the new trucks.  They had two black F-250s, one had patches and stuff indicating it was a "Black-ops" special edition and the other was just a standard black Lariat F-250.  They must have been lifted a foot taller than normal, I could barely look into the cabin.  I would give my left testicle for one of these beauties, but they were both above $70,000.  Grrr, I need to win the lottery or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment