Thursday, March 15, 2018

3/16/18 Million Dollar Homes And Indian Food?

    We would have almost been on our way to Crystal City today but my mom called to hold up and they would come visit us Friday through Sunday.  Instead of being in a rush today then, we got to sleep in and Boy spent the day with his best friend.  I got up around noon and had an awesome cup of coffee with a big slice of cinnamon roll.  Wife kind of talked me into buying a Target brand of coffee a couple days ago and I swear it is a flavor I have been looking for, for a long time.  It is just coffee flavored, but it is what I think coffee is supposed to taste like.  About the time I was done paying bills and drinking coffee, Boy and his friend came in and she filled me in on some of her drama which everyone says I eat drama up with a big spoon.  The story was alright and they left before I knew it to go eat or something.  Wife was moving so slow that they came back and she was barely coming downstairs.
    I wanted to leave early but best we could do was leave the house by 4:30pm, I've been wanting to look at houses towards the lake.  I think we have seen most of the big communities along Hwy 71 and even 290.  This one was in Lakeway, we took 620 towards the lake from Hwy 71 and turned left on Flintrock Rd.  There were two giant beautiful white stone/stucco houses from different builders and they were both $1.2 million dollars.  I about choked on the price, but asked if we could look anyway.  A lot of the price has to be because of the views.  The balcony views just seem to reach out for miles.  Both salesmen promised that all of the houses in this community would have outstanding views.  These are probably the nicest homes we have seen, I left totally enamored.
    We headed back to the city, but stopped at Best Buy, Javalina scammed Mama a little bit, claiming we didn't buy him anything special for making A/B Honor Roll.  He got a video game, I talked with Sprint about my phone plan, we have been with Sprint for 19 years and 4 months, I think we deserve a little break at this point, we are paying over $260 for three lines.
    We ended the night by taking a risk, we ate at an Indian restaurant for the first time.  I didn't think I would like it, it was always described as hot, hotter and hottest, which just gives me diarrhea at the thought.  I told Wife it was her choice, it was a nice cool night and I felt relaxed.  We just happened to be by Tarka Indian Kitchen and she said how about there, I had always said no before, but I figured worst case scenario, we'll rush home to the bathroom.  I was pleasantly surprised, everything was delicious.  The curry tasted like peanut butter, the kabobs were great, even the na'an which is a bread was just like a chubby tortilla.  If anything, the plates were not very filling, we ordered a total of 5 meals to share between the three of us and an appetizer and Javalina was trying to take my meat from my plate after he finished his share.
    Overall, this turned out to be another great, relaxing night.  It is 11:30pm and we are both thinking a nice piece of cake would be nice right about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment