Sunday, March 18, 2018

3/19/18 Spring Break Overall?

    As I said last week, Spring Break came and went too fast.  I enjoyed most of it and I would say all except for those times when Wife tried to treat me like a child and tell me to go to sleep.  I am all for forcing me to sleep if we have plans or schedules to keep, but if neither of us had anything to do but wake up and eat, then shhhhh and let me do me.  I know she means well, but it is counterintuitive to tell a night-shifter to go to bed early, little secret she refuses to accept, after 20 years on nights, I am a little scared to sleep in a really dark room.  I sleep better with my light on besides the bed, even if I throw a towel over it, she needs total darkness, maybe those eye cover thingies would make a nice Christmas gift.
    we ate Indian food for the first time and enjoyed it, Boy took us to one of his places, a Greek restaurant and we liked it.  We went back to Muchos Tacos on Manchaca and it was good again, I loved that they didn't skimp on the barbacoa, I had enough to make 3 and maybe even four good tacos from my one plate.  All our meals were pleasant and overall good.  Once we are up, Wife is my preferred companion, I just hate when she tells me "if you get up early, leave me alone."  I wish she would get up and drink coffee with me and sit at the table to look at the news or something.  Maybe I should force her to get up early, like she forces me to go to sleep early, hmmm???
    We were able to find Wife an excellent deal on a bed so we stop having issues as where she will sleep, and even when I go, I will now have a bed I can call my own in my mother's house, so no more weird sleeping on the sofa, makes thinking about Easter coming up more bearable.
    Speaking of family, we were able to visit my in-laws and my folks came up to Austin, so we saw both sets of parents.  I don't really want our renter DD leaving, but he'll be moving in with his girlfriend in a couple weeks, so the flood gate will be open and I am sure we will be seeing tons more of my sister and/or my brother who always whine "we would go, but there's no private bedrooms for us."  We shall see.
    I love ending Spring Break working a little OT, I was contacted by the FIB people, which is what I used to do, back before I knew a job could be too great.  I will have a little extra money from the OT, and we can look forward to the last push before school lets out, I mean there's Easter, but it's not a huge break.  Considering we were a little broke and we didn't go too far, Spring Break was very nice overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment