Sunday, March 18, 2018

3/18/18 Wife Will Dream A Little Better Dream?

    I know that if the shoe was on other foot, I would have bought a bed at least as good as what we have at home, maybe even better because I am a whiny pain in the ass when I can help it, but Wife is the total opposite.  Wife would much rather sleep on the floor with some newspaper spread out for cushioning than spend a little money on her comfort, so this weekend, I did it for her.  She had been sleeping on a pull out sofa that has seen better days and her solution was to buy a foam cushion pillow topper to put on top of the old skinny mattress.  We saw what she wanted at Sam's and that was $150.  I suggested it would be better for her sleep if we just bought a cheap mattress set, which we did.  We found a great sale at the Mattress Firm stores.
    This was not the only great find of today (Saturday), we started the day at the house around 10:00am with some coffee and pan dulce which is pretty standard when my folks come.  I was downstairs for about two hours, my mom said there was no real hurry or agenda, so I went up to wake Wife and maybe do a little grab-ass.  I jumped in bed and was probably out within a couple minutes.  Wife got up and was showering and putting on her make-up, so I didn't see too much of a waste of time.  She woke me as she was getting done, I did my thing, got dressed and we went to eat at Mucho Taco.  It was good, but what goes in must come out, usually in  a hurry.
    My mom mentioned she had not slept well, with my Dad coughing all night, so when I came out from using the bathroom and feeling like it was nap time and seeing my Mom asleep, well I copied and jumped in my bed.  Wife had turned on the TV, I told her to let me sleep for 40 minutes and then we could go wherever.  My mom was surprised she fell asleep too, but it was all good.  We went and got the mattresses at this point.  Javalina got whiny that he wanted to go to the mall and my mom said she had a gift card to buy a purse, so we went.
    I was very surprised to see so many changes in my mall.  The Godiva candy place was gone, the little old lady next to the Godiva place was gone.  My favorite new store has to be Keek's.  It is a purse store, specializing in Louis Vuitton and other high end bags.  The first thing I noticed was the price, which seemed to be about half of what I had seen at Dillard's, who is currently carrying a select few.  The girl said they were only selling used bags sold to them from the public.  They are only interested in buying your bag if it is free of defects.  I will certainly be buying here when the time is right.
    We ended the night by eating at Cheddar's, not the best but it is ok.  There are not a lot of choices close to us after 10:00pm.  The rest of the evening was a blur, Wife took a shower and went to bed, my mom was in the living room watching some National Geographic documentary about hookers in Las Vegas, so that caught my attention.  I just remember waking at 2:00am and going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment