Thursday, March 1, 2018

3/1/18 Stupid Drivers?

    Anybody who reads this knows stupid people are my kryptonite, goddamit, do I hate people who refuse to use their brains.  I almost crashed last night coming to work because of one of these assholes and even after I followed them on Slaughter Lane for a bit, I know they would be surprised if I got off with a baseball bat and took a swing at them.
    I have gotten into the habit of using one of the secondary roads to get to work, mostly because there is always a lot of traffic on 1st Street and I don't want to sit through two light cycles, so I cut through the smaller streets meant for the new community to either pop out onto 1st or Slaughter.  Anyways, I am sitting there and if the traffic is coming, it is almost impossible to cut in with the flow of traffic, I tend to wait until everyone goes and probably the light changes over on 1st.  This usually stops the traffic completely for a few seconds and that is when I prefer to jump in.  Sometimes, a small sporty car will be in front of me and I can see that they merge a lot quicker than my giant Excursion and then for a second, I want to do that.  I saw a car go in front of me tonight and I thought maybe I can go, I am always too cautious anyway.  I saw an open lane, or it looked like it through my slightly dirty glass (it's been misty or raining over the last few weeks) but I chickened out just in time to see a minivan without any lights on coming where I thought I would have fit in.
    These people are freaking selfish and self absorbed.  They may think I can still see, I don't need my lights on.  But what they don't think about is that we use your lights to see you, specially right at dusk when the sun is setting and everything just looks like a grey shadow.  I didn't get it, the van was not old, he/she had to override the lights on function which just makes him an even worse individual.  The newest cars just leave their lights on day/night, don't tell me he is trying to save on lightbulbs.  I have been running my Excursion for almost 14 years and only gone through one extra set of lightbulbs.
    Are they trying to get hit for insurance purposes?  Are they plain stupid?  What is the win, even if you get hit, it is such a pain in the ass to be without your car for a few days.  You don't get cash or I have never understood how this is a profitable endeavor.  Does it require a dirty doctor who agrees with you and you pocket the money from therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment