Saturday, March 24, 2018

3/24/18 Boy's Birthday?

    Boy up and grew up before our very eyes.  We could be sad that he doesn't really want to hang out with us, but he does still live at home and we do eat at least a couple meals together a week.  His birthday is today, the 24th, but he will be gone, to Dallas for a comic con or something nerdy to that effect.  I wouldn't be too gun ho about this, but they have managed to get attention and have now built two custom swords for sale to costumers.  The first one was in the $200 range, this second sword has three light sources and a lot of time went into building it, so they are asking for $400 or thereabouts.  So it is easy for him to say they are scouting for more work in that arena.
    I am really pleased that even though he has not graduated he has been able to keep working with Alamo Drafthouse now for probably five years and according to him, they already love him at his new internship place.  He has shown a solid core of good habits.  I don't like him staying up late on the nights before he works, but he is young, he can probably handle things better on less sleep than me.  He dresses like a professional insisting on wearing a tie and long sleeve shirt, and takes his Oakley briefcase, the boy looks like a million bucks, even opting for leather shoes instead of tennis shoes.  Meanwhile, he says the CEO and CFO show up in shorts and muscle shirts, who knows how that is going to work out long term.  I tell him better to be overdressed than under dressed.
    As far as his birthday, I guess we have to wait until Sunday to eat cake with him.  He asked for money so he could buy some print at the art store.  This boy better make money because he has expensive hobbies.  I would like to go get him a print, but I am afraid we would choose the wrong thing and disappoint him, but just giving him money seems so crass.
    I was outside as they were leaving this afternoon (Friday) and his friend announced they have the low tire warning to which he said "Yeah, I went to Discount Tire and they said they didn't see anything, they just added some air and sent him off.  I said Bull shit, they don't just ignore you.  We didn't even try to look for the nail and we saw it, just looking towards the tire.  This all happened right around 6:30pm.  They ran to Firestone, but it was too late to get it done.  Good thing his friend just got a newer used car from his sister, which he said they could just go in it.
    Here I am, Happy Birthday Mijo, I am awake at 8:42am, on my way to Discount Tire to get a nail removed and fixed from his tire when he should have been on top of this last week.  Oh well, we wouldn't be the great parents we are if we didn't go the extra mile.  Love you, Boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment