Thursday, March 29, 2018

3/29/18 I Try My Best?

    I honestly feel drained when I feel like I let someone down.  This week not only am I a little sick, but I am trying to get Javalina back to his normal boxing routine at least three times a week, he also had an Einstein Jr. Program at school last night which I am not sure why we went.  Things like this always make us rush lunch and everything else in between.  To add another layer of comedy, he tells me on the way I am supposed to provide a side dish, do I look like Betty Crocker?  I told him how about a case of waters, they just want something.  He is adamant.  No!  We can take a bag of chips but not waters.  Ok, so we stop at a CVS on the way and get some chips, you know we have to stand behind the big lady returning half a bag of chocolate candies from Valentine's Day.  I was just thinking eat the rest of the bag big girl, we know you bought them yourself.  After a manager was procured, she walked out with a fiver, I'm sure to make more bad decisions, and we paid and were on our way.  These slow slugs always slow me down, I don't have time for your stupid shit, Lady!
    We get to the event and the boy wants to bolt like I'm dropping him off in the morning, I about grab him by the neck and say no.  Wait for me, I have no idea where to go.  He had some story that he was going to go help set up, even if we were the last people to show up.  We walk in around 6:05pm, no big deal, it is as disorganized as walking into a Walmart on black Friday.  Free food in the back, beaners at that age where they can't contain themselves, people attempting to talk in front but not wanting to offend the kids yelling and screaming in the back.  I made my way around and started reading the posterboards.  All the posterboards seemed to suggest they all decided to do it over atoms and compounds pre computers because the examples were pretty weak.  I was going to make the comment last night, (mostly because I enjoy Wife shitting on me) that Girlie asked me for help on a biology question and I was amazed at the awesome images of cells with electron microscopes.  Moving 3D images showing how exactly flagella work with their "9+2" structure.  So much has changed since I was learning from textbooks.
    There was none of this anywhere, then I got to listen to a discussion had at the capitol anti the death penalty and how it is more expensive than keeping a prisoner alive until he dies naturally.  Fuck that, people that kill and act violently should be taken out with that prod they use on cow's.  That is NOT more expensive than 50 years of feeding and clothing and guarding troublemakers.
    I asked Javalina where his stuff was to take a picture to show Mama, but he had no idea, like he didn't participate.  His grades don't indicate he is not missing anything, but he was way more interested in hanging outside with some of his buddies than trying to listen over the loud grumble of idiots talking.  The mariachi band played and they were good, but then they had the orchestra band play a number and they were really good, but those violins were not going to get past the jokes Johnny Idiot was laying down in the back with crackling laughter.  The whole thing pissed me off and we left before 7:00pm.  Right before we left one of these chuckleheads was laughing and talking and his eyes locked with mine and I told him to shut the fuck up, he seemed shocked like he had never been told to close his mouth.
    I am only glad we fill the boy with plenty of science stuff at the house, I am not worried about his trajectory, maybe he can be the one that finally settles whether the earth is flat or a sphere, and if gravity is real.  Goddam stupid people.

No comments:

Post a Comment