Sunday, August 8, 2021

8/8/21 New School Clothes Shopping?

     I guess we're doing this, after a year of hiding out at home, the kiddoes are going back to school.  It is a little exciting, a little scary, but it is time.  I can't believe that in the blink of an eye (looking back now), a whole year came and went with most kids home for the duration of the whole year.  Baby A has been working his butt off, spending most of the summer time working out for his football season.  I think he is ready to go back.

    We almost missed this year's no tax weekend, not that we look forward to shopping with the masses at the mall.  This year, I was ready to just avoid the hassle and pay a little more next week, but Wife suggested we go to the Dillard's out on Bee Caves and that was a great idea.  There were very few other shoppers there and they have everything they normally carry at the mall as far as a Dillard's store goes.  I still find it slightly annoying that Mijo does not really care about his clothing needs.  Boy was always ready to go get whatever new items of clothing, but Baby A could give a poop about getting the clothes.  What's worse, even if we buy him nice expensive clothes, he is just going to hide them under a hoodie.

    The choices we found were pretty good though, he found a good 7-8 shirts, mostly T-shirts, but also a couple polo style and even two button style shirts, for his dressier days.  We also got him around 5 jeans and even two belts.  I added a couple shorts and some shirts for myself, so the damage was over $700, but I think if we didn't buy our boy more clothes, he would be fine.  I suggested we could go to the mall during the week, but Mijo just gave out an annoying "no."  He gave me about half an hour of his time before he started complaining he was hungry, so that ended the shopping excursion.  I still wanted to go to Dick's, which is in the same shopping center, but our boy was already done for the day.

    We ate at Jersey Mike's after then came home after a short drive out in the country.  I took a short 40 minute nap and then Wife woke me to start the grill while she prepped the chicken.  We ate at a better time than last week, around 7:30pm and watched a couple episodes of some shows we are following right now.  Mijo still needs some new shoes, and if we left it up to him, he would be comfortable wearing the same old shoes from a year ago, but luckily, it is not up to him.  I told him that we are repeating this whole activity next weekend, he needs shoes (at least two pairs), and maybe even a backpack, I don't think the Mutant Ninja Turtles backpack will cut it anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment