Wednesday, August 4, 2021

8/4/21 Can You Suck, Dewalt?

     Well, I just returned the Dewalt trimmer that wouldn't trim to Home Depot and I thought it would be awhile before I bought anything else but Wife "forced" me to go out and get yet another cool gadget, this time at Lowe's.  Wife said she needed a vacuum for this weekend to suck up some hair during a little outdoor festival thing they are putting on at her school in San Antonio.  I guess the haircuts will be free and I hope being done indoors because otherwise why would she care about cut hair?  

    Anyways, we do have a few vacuums but none really fit the bill for what she needed.  Less than a year ago, maybe for Christmas, Boy bought us a Dyson vacuum, those are supposed to be the best vacuums and it really is good at sucking up dirt.  It comes up full even when I look at the carpet and think there can't be much there.  But it is a stand up version and would seem goofy for her needs.  He also has a portable one up in his lab room but it is way too complicated to release to Wife and hope it comes back in one piece.  It looks more like a gun and is probably intended to clean cars not random floor messes.  We also have a couple of older vacuums we haven't gotten around to throwing away but they are also the stand up model variety.  I do have a small gallon type shop vacuum and it would have been perfect, but I use it to clean my pellet grill and is already covered in black soot, it would be risky to travel with, possibly getting somebody dirty or dirtying the carpet in the car as it was taken to the event.  So, my solution was to go and buy a new vacuum for this purpose.  I did have a good shop vacuum that I would use to clean the cars and stuff, but it got really old and broke about a year ago.  This new one is basically my replacement shop vacuum and it happens to be a Dewalt.

    I like the look of these vacuums and had already got it in my mind I was going to buy one, so this made it easy by getting Wife on board.  I got lucky, the corded one and the only type they had in the store was on sale at $79.99.  I wanted the battery version but those had to be ordered online and cost either $150 or $199.  I think this will be fine for what she needs and it will help me later when I go to vacuum the cars.  I like that all the accessories either go inside it or are attached to the outside, such as the two extension poles.  I just hope it does a better job than the stupid trimmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment