Friday, August 20, 2021

8/20/21 Shit Day?

     I was trying to enjoy my last day as a 40-something, but I guess that request is too much to ask for.  It started innocently enough, Wife wanted an oil change for her car, even though it still had 500 miles before it was due (probably 2-3 more round trips to her job).  Fine, I'm the husband with too much time on my hands.  I know we are supposed to schedule appointments now, I was the one that discovered this two oil changes ago.  Still, Wife has to toot the horn, roll the window down and remind me like I'm a child.  Instead of an I love you as the last words I said before she left like most mornings, she got the bird.  If this was it, it would have been a fine day, but no, she also mentioned YET AGAIN, that the AC upstairs was showing an error on the screen.  Since I sleep downstairs during the week, and rarely go upstairs I didn't really pay attention to this.  I scheduled the oil change for 9:00am, after dropping off Baby A at school, drive over there and maybe wait for an hour, like the last few times.  NOPE!!!  The tech girl said it would be a couple hours, to which I replied 1-2 hours, she said yes.  I figured I could wait two hours, kill time by going over and looking at the Ford vehicles next door, then sit in lobby and play on my phone.

    Three hours later, the tech comes and tells me that they have my car up, and mentioned I could use with changing the coolant fluid, the brake fluid, and something else, along with the cabin and air filters.  I agreed to changing the coolant fluid and the two filters.  This is Wife's car, so I let the pros take care of it.  I change out my own air filters, they are pretty cheap, from Amazon.  It wasn't until 1:00pm that I finally left the dealership.

    I decided to try and make it my day (tomorrow is my birthday), so I headed to the Domain to look at the watches at Ben Bridge, I was pretty sure they wouldn't have any Rolexes, but maybe something else.  I asked about 2-3 Tudor watches I like, and nothing.  I asked about the one Grand Seiko I like, and again "we had one, it must have sold."  I like the Panerai, but I'm not sure about paying upwards of $7000 for another watch right now.  At least the Tudor watches stay around $5000, same with the Grand Seiko.  Wife says I could get another watch, it is a milestone birthday, but I will feel like an asshole if I go buying another watch when I just got one 2-3 months ago.  I then headed home.

    Everything seemed fine, even if I lost around three hours unnecessarily, I cooked myself a NY strip steak and ate it with a side of salad.  Everything seemed fine, but I ran upstairs to get the cord to charge the video camera and I discovered the AC is not communicating with something or other, wither way, another excuse for it not to be working.  I called Fox AGAIN (this must be the 4th or 5th time we have had this unit serviced) and I pissed and moaned about spending so much money and here I am.  I have family coming this weekend and this is fucking bullshit for the $25,000 I was convinced to spend so I would have new reliable units.  Needless to say, a guy is coming over sometime today and they are sending a higher up next week to evaluate and possibly replace the unit, I don't know if I believe that.

No comments:

Post a Comment