Wednesday, August 25, 2021

8/25/21 Are You Ready For Some Football?

     We are at the start of a new school year and that means a new football season.  Baby A has been working hard all summer to become the best athlete he can be on the field.  I am genuinely excited to see what this year brings.  They have a veteran quarterback, a couple of returning good receivers, and a handful of strong returning running backs.  There are four returning starters to the offensive line, including Mijo who has been moved from guard to center this season.  Center is a huge responsibility, but I think our boy is the man for the job.  He had one bad snap in the scrimmage last week and that is before realizing he can adjust the football if it is not sitting correctly with the laces a certain way.  Hopefully, this makes him a solid center, although it is always scary to see the football fly over the quarterbacks head, which would happen 1-2 times a game last year.

    The parents are being overly involved this year and that has to be a good thing.  We have an app where we can communicate with the coaches and vice versa.  They have called on us to feed the boys tomorrow, for Thursday's first scrimmage.  The coach suggested some sort of pasta before the game and sandwiches for after.  I didn't want to be involved in either of those situations, the last thing I want is to think that I got a kid sick with my cooking or it sat out too long.  Although several parents are bringing cases of Gatorade, I figured those are good for before the game.  We are bringing 60 sodas (there are 60 players), at least that many Rice Krispies, Motts fruit candies, assorted Cheez-it baggies, and assorted Nature Valley bars.  I probably overdid it, but that is fine, these boys are giving their blood, sweat and tears for their team.

    Wife was telling me not to go out and buy an expensive new cooler, it might walk away if we leave it with the coaches, but I wanted one with wheels, that many sodas and ice gets heavy and guess who the idiot that gets to carry this stuff around usually is?  Instead of the Yeti or Magellan overpriced plastic, I found a nice Igloo for $39.99 that has wheels and will fit over 60 sodas with ice.  I won't be destroyed if it disappears or the wheels break off.  While at Academy, I also bought Wife a new stadium seat, it made seating for the three hour games much better for myself, so I am sure Wife will appreciate it.  I also decided to buy myself a new pair of sunglasses which are polarized.  I haven't had sunglasses in quite awhile, but last week while watching the scrimmage I felt I could have really used them.  They seem to be the perfect team colors with a dark brown frame turning light brown at the legs where they go on the ears.

   All that is left to say is Go Coogs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment