Thursday, August 19, 2021

8/19/21 It Sure Is Quiet?

     I had forgotten how quiet the day can be when all alone.  Now that Baby A is back in school, Boy was told to show up to work by 8am (he was coasting in around 9am before), Wife leaves the house at 545am and even Boy's gf is back at her mom's home (she was staying here because a few family members tested positive for Covid a couple weeks ago), I am back to being alone all day long.  Used to be back in the day, I was doing a twelve hour shift pretty much from 6pm to 6am, so I tended to sleep all day and even on my days off, I would be so out of it I would just sleep most of my alone time.  Lately though, I shifted my time, I only work a ten hour shift and I am usually home before midnight, so I have been getting up earlier in the day and I feel so much better for it, I am not the walking zombie I was the last 4-5 years when I was doing the real night shift, I don't think I can go back to that, it was not healthy at all.  Even driving around town I would get drowsy and have to fight the sleep to go drop off the boy at school.

    Lately, I even wake up to walk Wife out in the morning, and sometimes I'll just stay up from 6am and I can be fine most of the day.  This is giving me a lot of alone time though.  Tuesday I did what Wife dreams I would do every day.  I came home after dropping off Mijo and I swept and mopped the entrance of the house and the kitchen, then I vacuumed downstairs and even tried to go and patch the pool (AGAIN!!!).  I washed a load of clothes, we do this during the weekend, but Baby A changes in and out of clothes like 4 times a day, so there is always a pile of clothes in the washroom.  I even made a caldo for dinner, what else can a Wife ask for?  I did all that to stay busy, but it is a long school year and I don't think I have that much interest to be the cleaning boy every day.

    What I'm thinking of is going through the kitchen cabinets and throwing out a bunch of crap, we barely fit in this huge house and that is because we all hesitate to throw anything away.  The dishwasher, which we have never used, is full of plastic bowls, a lot of them from like Bill Miller's because they are good bowls (according to Wife) and it seems wrong to throw them away.  I just have to get motivated to do it.  I want to do stuff outside as well, the fence still needs to be stained, but the humidity is no joke, I will wait until the weather calms down.

    I guess this will be a good time to really get this house in order.  Wife is back, things are trying to flow more naturally, if I get all the BS done during the week, then we can focus on having a good time during the weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment