Sunday, August 29, 2021

8/29/21 DD Got Me A New Toy?

     I got up this morning at 6:00am and it is now 7:30am and already have had a brisket in the pellet grill for about an hour.  I am smoking this one solely to test out my newest toy.  My birthday was last week and we had a small gathering here at the house Sunday with a few friends and although I was not expecting any gifts, DD bought me what looks like the perfect brisket knife.  I looked it up on Amazon, not to see the price, but I want more knives from this collection, they all seem like what a professional might use.

    The blade is over twelve inches long and is one solid piece of metal, so the handle won't break over time.  I had complained about using my big knife, a Santoku style blade, which was only like 7-8 inches and not long enough to go across the brisket as I am cutting them, making the slices fall apart sometimes in not pleasant ways.  This brand is Dalstrong and their website says they are forged of German high carbon steel which sounds about right to me.

    I don't know if it is too far away now, but Boy did ask me for suggestions for a gift and looking through the other knives, I wouldn't mind if he got me the big scary "Obliterator" meat cleaver, it is a hefty 3 pound slab of metal that should work great on pork ribs and other tough meats.  If he doesn't buy, I will probably end up getting it soon, I like these knives, they seem fit for their purpose.  I'm not like my brother that likes to buy knives and carry them around, but a knife with a purpose like this really does look like a piece of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment