Tuesday, August 24, 2021

8/23/21 One More Cake?

     I guess I had a little more celebrating to do for my 50th because we went and bought another cake Sunday morning and decided it would be fun to grill and invite a couple friends over for dinner.  Wife and I actually got up early, I was almost shocked to see Wife up at 10:00am when I went in the bedroom looking for my wallet.  It has become the norm that I run to the store on Sunday mornings to stock up for the week, this way we can avoid wasting the day and going when there are bound to be more people shopping.  If we go early enough, there is also a better chance it won't be as hot as it can get during the middle of the day.

    We didn't get much, I had already taken out a 3.5 pound bag of frozen fajitas, which as the bulk of the meal, we then bought some chicken breasts, some sausages, and even some hamburger patties.  One of my friends asked what he should bring and I told him not to worry about it, but he always insists, so I told him we were making fajitas and he brought more.  Other than the meat, Wife made rice and beans, and we even bought a small portion of prepared potato salad, in case someone wanted to go that route.

    We invited DD and his wife, and I also invited a friend from when I first started working at then AMD.  It was a good mix of people, Boy and his gf eventually showed up too.  I wasn't sure if DD and my work friend would find any common ground to talk, but apparently my old friend has a neighbor that he was saying is a douchebag, manager of a strip club and acts that way, and DD knows him and agreed to the douche-baggery tag.  DD's wife is now 3 months pregnant or so, and although she is not showing yet, she did have a long strip of sonograms of her last doctor visit, they seem so happy and excited for the upcoming baby.

    It was a good gathering, we weren't sure about making it a swimming party, but I had cleaned the pool and Wife and I spent about an hour and a half in it before we got out and started grilling.  I have to say I love that grill, it is now a year old, my boys gave it to me for my birthday last year.  I have replaced most of the active parts, but it does a great job and makes me a more adept cook.  It takes very little effort to start up and once you know where the hot spots are, it is fairly easy to manage.

    We ate around 8:00pm, then we had cake and DD and his wife left around 9:00pm.  My work friend used to work nights and can spin a yarn.  It got to 10:00pm and we kind of had to motion to the door, his kid was starting his first day of school and Wife likes to get in bed before 10:00pm.  I would say it was a good overall weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment